Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Chord names for entire document/staffs ?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Chord names for entire document/staffs ?

Postby kant » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:36 am

i'm trying Notion3 and i'm having problem with the chord names logic..

you can only enter chords/text tied to a staff or can you set chords/text for the whole document ?

problem is right now i have to either enter chords for every single part if i want to print individual part with the chords names above or i either have to create a new special staff specifically for entering chords or structure informations.

am i missing something ?
kant

Re: Chord names for entire document/staffs ?

Postby Admin » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:37 am

I'm not completely sure what your issue is....

Are you trying to print chord charts for individual parts? It sounds like entering a "special staff" for chords and instructions seems like a logical answer to your issue if I understand it correctly. Let me know more about what you're trying to accomplish and I'll see if I can get a better work around for you.

-Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby kant » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:28 pm

sorry if i am not completely clear... :)

yes i would like to print chord charts for indivudal parts but i don't want to have to enter them by hand for every part...
the issue with doing like that is also that when viewing all the parts i get the chord names multiplied by the number of parts.

creating a staff that's always there above the part i want to print is a workaround but there's also an issue with this, it's that it uses 1 more staff when printing individual parts and that's not the way musicians are used to read chord changes.

what i would like is being able to enter chord changes only once and having them displayed on every individual parts without an extra staff.

thanks for your reply !
kant

Postby posssu » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:18 am

To complement this question - I don't see a problem with having to create one single-lined staff for chords, but currently there's no way of grouping this staff with each part separately. Maybe "grouping tracks for dynamic parts" feature is coming one day, but meanwhile - if there was a special staff for chords, how would one bundle it with each instrument separately when printing out the part?
Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz
posssu

Postby kant » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:39 am

this can be related with this feature request i think :

Add global text items (common to each part)
kant

Return to NOTION