Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Inserting Empty Measures

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Inserting Empty Measures

Postby csduke » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:13 am

Love the program but I can't find a way to insert a measure(s) between other measures or at the end of a score. I have searched this forum as well as the user's manual. I settle for doing a Paste/insert at the end of a measure then add a new bar line(s). There must be a simpler way.

Also, is there anyway to get "Duplicate" to duplicate the selected notes into a new adjacent measure rather than writing over the notes in the adjacent measure? That particular behavior isn't very useful to me.

Thanks for your help - Craig
csduke

Re: Inserting Empty Measures

Postby Erufailon » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:45 am

Doesn't inserting a barline anywhere work?
Erufailon

Postby KylePoehling » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:34 pm

If you use the shortcut "i" on the keyboard you should be able to insert a measure with your cursor where you'd like in the measure.

You'll need to have an empty measure after the measure you're trying to duplicate in order to use the function without writing over existing material. If you use the "i" keyboard shortcut to insert a measure you will be able to duplicate very easily.

Hope this helps!
kyle
Kyle Poehling
Marketing/Communications Manager-Notion Music
http://www.hotpoliticsband.com
http://www.modernrobot.net
KylePoehling

Postby csduke » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:16 am

I tried it. "Yes, "i" adds a bar line. Adding a bar line after the last note of a measure will create a new measure without writing any existing notation. Additional measures can be added by "i" in the new measures.

It would be useful to have a "Add Measures" tool where a measure count count be added. It's a standard part of my workflow.

Thanks,

Craig
csduke

Postby pcartwright » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:30 am

I humbly disagree with the “add measure(s)” function approach. I think the way Notion utilizes the barline makes much more sense than in other programs and has tended to cause fewer errors (at least for me). You can still add measures/barlines anywhere in the music with the current method, though I can see how you might want to add many measures at one time instead of having to click repeatedly. If an “add measure(s)” function is added, please add it in conjunction with the barline method and not in lieu of it.
pcartwright

Postby rollinglenn » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:42 pm

I have been using N3 since it came out and have had no problem inserting single measures.

At the bottom of the screen is a menu. The second from the right button is for measure items.

It works for me.

Am I missing something?
rollinglenn

Return to NOTION