Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Accessing all EWQLSO master patches

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Accessing all EWQLSO master patches

Postby BCopeBMus » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:35 am

Hello

Is it possible to access the complete range of patches loaded into the master keyswitches? For example, to access rips on the 6 french horn patch you type 'rip' but is it possible to access the full range of 'rips' rip s, rips x, rips l and rips f? Same question applies to all other master patches.

Thanks

Brian
BCopeBMus

Re: Accessing all EWQLSO master patches

Postby Erufailon » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:14 am

They are mapped already, but I don't know what you need to use to access them. The rules use medv and fastv and slov techniques for those, but I don't know what they are.
Erufailon

Postby BCopeBMus » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:35 pm

does anyone have an answer to this question? It seems N3 currently only offers a partial integration with EWQLSO. You have a great product here that could potentially improve on Sibelius and Finale but you're going to have to go the extra mile. Cresc/Dim hairpins don't trigger dxf patches either.

What is the long term plan? Do you intend to provide complete access to all the patches?

Thanks

Brian
BCopeBMus

Postby Erufailon » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:40 pm

I kinda dislike being ignored, but let's try again. You have to type 'medv' or 'fastv' or 'slov' and 'rip' to access all those you asked for. And also as I said, all the master KS patches are mapped, you need to read (and understand) the rules files to see what is mapped to what. Master KS files are pretty well supported, but not so well documented. (By the "I don't know what they are" I meant I don't know how to easily access them from the interface besides typing in their name).
As for the DXF, the master KS doesn't include any DXF patches unfortunately, and N3 seems to output hairpin data on cc11 by default, and it's not very simple to change neither.
Erufailon

Postby BCopeBMus » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:11 am

Erufailon wrote:I kinda dislike being ignored, but let's try again. You have to type 'medv' or 'fastv' or 'slov' and 'rip' to access all those you asked for. And also as I said, all the master KS patches are mapped, you need to read (and understand) the rules files to see what is mapped to what. Master KS files are pretty well supported, but not so well documented. (By the "I don't know what they are" I meant I don't know how to easily access them from the interface besides typing in their name).
As for the DXF, the master KS doesn't include any DXF patches unfortunately, and N3 seems to output hairpin data on cc11 by default, and it's not very simple to change neither.

My apologies Erufailon, I didn't mean to ignore you, I just didn't quite understand your solution and was hoping that maybe someone from Notion might pipe in with a solution. Where might I find the rules file? Do I just type in the 'slov' and 'rip' from the quotation mark?

It's a pity about the DXF patches.

I think this is a wonderful product and was hoping that I could rely on it to produce pretty decent performances without having to resort to doing my pieces all again in my DAW. I look forward to even better integration in the future.

Best wishes

Brian
BCopeBMus

Postby Erufailon » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:54 am

You can use all available techniques by typing "'" (') and their name, like "'rip", you'll get the rip technique which you can place above the note, and then type "'slov", and you'll get "Slow v.", which you can place below the note, and the horns will play the RipS patch.
The rules file is in XML format and it's found in NOTION 3\Support\PluginData\EWQL\Rules. Don't edit it if you don't understand fully what you are doing as it could ruin your installation.
I'm done with a little tool that will allow creating custom rules for the external midis, I'm writing the readme for it right now, and I'll explain in that how to create rules that use the DXF patches.
And I'm sorry, English is a second language to me, so it's simple to be misunderstood.
Erufailon

Return to NOTION