Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Unexpected delay while inputting notes

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Unexpected delay while inputting notes

Postby Raymond Robijns » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:42 pm

wether or not I do this with the mouse or MIDI keyboard, I noticed this strange delay:

on all staffs where two or more voices are once input - non-strings staffs
    on all staffs where for strings once a divisi, so two voices, was introduced somewhere

at bar nr. 150 onwards - this may be not of any significance - every first note of a new bar [while inputting] shows some delay, all other notes in that bar don't.

On bars without divisi or with only one voice this doesn't happen.

Raymond
PC Intel I7-Quad core, 12 Gb RAM, Windows 7-Pro X64, lots of HD's intern and extern, SONAR 8.5, NOTION 3, Altiverb, Overture, GPO libr., Garritan Authorized Steinway, PianoTeq 3.5 and soon EWQL SO.
Raymond Robijns

Re: Unexpected delay while inputting notes

Postby Raymond Robijns » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:43 pm

It is getting weird. What I wrote about the delay only happens when I input notes on voice 1 or both together. Inputting notes at the voice 2 only doesn't show any delay.

Raymond
PC Intel I7-Quad core, 12 Gb RAM, Windows 7-Pro X64, lots of HD's intern and extern, SONAR 8.5, NOTION 3, Altiverb, Overture, GPO libr., Garritan Authorized Steinway, PianoTeq 3.5 and soon EWQL SO.
Raymond Robijns

Postby FX1 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:31 am

I have the same problem. I haven't used multi voice yet but any single voice track does the same thing once you get so far into the score. Say I"m on bar 350 on a Beethoven score, adding a cello part. Suddenly it will hesitate so bad on the first note of each bar I could go get a cup of coffee and come back. The rest of the notes in that bar are fine. Next bar...same thing. This continues til the end of the part.

But add a doublebass part and start at bar 1 and it's back to normal until I get so far into the score and it's back for more coffee.

So it's directly linked to how large the score is for each part.
FX1

Postby Raymond Robijns » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:59 am

FX1 wrote:..... Suddenly it will hesitate so bad on the first note of each bar I could go get a cup of coffee and come back. The rest of the notes in that bar are fine. Next bar...same thing. This continues til the end of the part........But add a doublebass part and start at bar 1 and it's back to normal until I get so far into the score and it's back for more coffee.So it's directly linked to how large the score is for each part.

They must have some financial interest in the coffee market! ;)
Once I had that same problem with Mozart Notation. It seemed that the whole file was "re-built" everytime you entered a new note. So the larger the score, the more delay there was. The author fixed this.

Let us hope this will be fixed very soon, because I have a couple of 700 bars to go....... :evil:

Raymond
Raymond Robijns

Postby fabiolcati » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:28 pm

They must have some financial interest in the coffee market!

Waiting for availability of Notion Arabica 1.0
Notion Decaf (ViennaSL only) will follow.
:D
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Postby FX1 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:13 pm

I'm off to Wally World to buy more coffee! :lol:
FX1

Postby ulrik » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:01 pm

fabiolcati wrote:
They must have some financial interest in the coffee market!

Waiting for availability of Notion Arabica 1.0
Notion Decaf (ViennaSL only) will follow.

ulrik

Return to NOTION