Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Evenly Spaced Systems?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Evenly Spaced Systems?

Postby DrH » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:28 pm

Does anyone know how I can space out systems evenly on a page, so that I don't wind up with a lot of white space at the bottom of pages that don't fill up with systems?

Thnx!

DrH
DrH

Re: Evenly Spaced Systems?

Postby thorrild » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:57 pm

Does anyone know how I can space out systems evenly on a page, so that I don't wind up with a lot of white space at the bottom of pages that don't fill up with systems?

There is no elegant way of doing this in Notion. But here's a labor-intensive and not very flexible work-around: Imagine a 2-staff system. To add space between the staves, press shortcut key "k" to get a text block, either below the top staff or above the bottom staff. You can leave the box as is by clicking somewhere outside it (it'll leave a piece of text that reads, "Text"). Move the word Text vertically until it has given you the desired space between the staves, then doubleclick on the word and change "Text" to a space.

Drawbacks:
— It takes forever, and you probably would use this only as a last resort.
— On a page with more than a handful of staves, it would not be worth anyone's time.
— I haven't been able to select the [space] text item after I created it. If you want to make sure you can get to it again, to make adjustments, type something really small but visible, like a period.

P.S.: I've just posted a feature request that deals with related issues, under the subject "More options for titles, etc."
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Re: Evenly Spaced Systems?

Postby DrH » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:16 pm

Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

DrH
DrH

Return to NOTION