Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Accent equals stacc.?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Accent equals stacc.?

Postby ericsandmeyer » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:03 am

Playback of an accented quarter tied to a half-note (or any other long duration) produces a short articulation (staccato).

Does anyone else find this wrong? Where I come from an accent produces a heavier stress on the note but does NOT affect its duration.

Possible to change this behavior?
ericsandmeyer

Re: Accent equals stacc.?

Postby Erufailon » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:07 pm

Just tried, works fine for me, long note, accented. Staccato only if I enter it with staccato.
Erufailon

Postby ericsandmeyer » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:50 pm

Erufailon wrote:Just tried, works fine for me, long note, accented. Staccato only if I enter it with staccato.

I wonder if it's the way I've got Miroslav configured?
ericsandmeyer

Postby Erufailon » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:21 am

Well, you didn't mention Miroslav, I tried it with the N3 instruments, so it could be a bug in the Miroslav rules if others experience it as well with that library.
Erufailon

Postby ericsandmeyer » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:21 am

Erufailon wrote:Well, you didn't mention Miroslav, I tried it with the N3 instruments, so it could be a bug in the Miroslav rules if others experience it as well with that library.

I think you're correct... can the articulation rules be edited?
ericsandmeyer

Postby Erufailon » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:04 pm

Yes, but it's very technical. I'm working on a java program to make it more user-friendly (but since this is the first program I've ever written in Java, and also the first program at all in the last 15 years, it's moving slowly, but I'm getting there), and the developers also promised a tutorial on doing it.
Erufailon

Return to NOTION