Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Enharmonic defaults

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Enharmonic defaults

Postby Raymond Robijns » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:59 am

Just now I input some notes with my Midi-keyboard. The piece has two sharps (D major). The notes input all have flat symbols. Some questions:

a. why isn't the enharmonic default on the sharp notes altered into their flat counterparts;
b. why isn't it possible to do the Enharmonic spelling on a group of notes instead of one-by-one;
c. why can't I apply the Enharmonic at once on an octave (both notes alter at the same time);
d. why is the scope of an accidental (2,3 or 4) beyond the note you input and stretches its influence to all subsequent notes and why doesn't it follow the enharmonic default given by the flats/sharps at the beginning of the piece/system. It is a bit silly to input a sharped f in a piece in D major while there is no need to (e.g. no flattened value before);

Raymond
PC Intel I7-Quad core, 12 Gb RAM, Windows 7-Pro X64, lots of HD's intern and extern, SONAR 8.5, NOTION 3, Altiverb, Overture, GPO libr., Garritan Authorized Steinway, PianoTeq 3.5 and soon EWQL SO.
Raymond Robijns

Re: Enharmonic defaults

Postby astinov » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:05 am

Hi Raymond,

Just to let you know, some of those problems will be addressed with the next release.

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby Raymond Robijns » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:48 pm

Having patience..... thanks

Raymond
PC Intel I7-Quad core, 12 Gb RAM, Windows 7-Pro X64, lots of HD's intern and extern, SONAR 8.5, NOTION 3, Altiverb, Overture, GPO libr., Garritan Authorized Steinway, PianoTeq 3.5 and soon EWQL SO.
Raymond Robijns

Postby posssu » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:41 pm

Raymond Robijns wrote:Just now I input some notes with my Midi-keyboard. The piece has two sharps (D major). The notes input all have flat symbols. Some questions:

a. why isn't the enharmonic default on the sharp notes altered into their flat counterparts;
b. why isn't it possible to do the Enharmonic spelling on a group of notes instead of one-by-one;
c. why can't I apply the Enharmonic at once on an octave (both notes alter at the same time);
d. why is the scope of an accidental (2,3 or 4) beyond the note you input and stretches its influence to all subsequent notes and why doesn't it follow the enharmonic default given by the flats/sharps at the beginning of the piece/system. It is a bit silly to input a sharped f in a piece in D major while there is no need to (e.g. no flattened value before);

Raymond

+1 on B!!!
Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz
posssu

Postby duka » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:04 pm

Where is the G sharp option?

There is G sharp minor :P but in notion there is not.

duka

Return to NOTION