Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Mixer tracks

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Mixer tracks

Postby Raymond Robijns » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:37 pm

I made a mistake with assigning a VST instrument. So I changed it into the right one. On my mixer are now two tracks, one with the wrong instrument and one with the proper one.
How can I get rid of those "not-in-use-and-wrongly-assigned" mixer tracks?

Raymond
PC Intel I7-Quad core, 12 Gb RAM, Windows 7-Pro X64, lots of HD's intern and extern, SONAR 8.5, NOTION 3, Altiverb, Overture, GPO libr., Garritan Authorized Steinway, PianoTeq 3.5 and soon EWQL SO.
Raymond Robijns

Re: Mixer tracks

Postby fabiolcati » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:48 am

I'm not sure, since I haven't Vsts with me at the moment, but you can try dby deleting the wrong one from the score.

Ps The author of *The Fall of Babylon*?
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Postby Raymond Robijns » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:45 am

fabiolcati wrote:I'm not sure, since I haven't Vsts with me at the moment, but you can try dby deleting the wrong one from the score.

Ps The author of *The Fall of Babylon*?

When I tried to delete those wrongly assigned instruments, they were deleted from the score, but remained in the mixer. That's odd.

Second question: Yes! But I have to rewrite that piece completely, after numerous tries I still am not satisfied about the quality of the sound. It may have to do with the quality of the Garritan strings in general and I messed up the sound balance completely. So I have to start all over again, I want to start all over again. Maybe I go for EWQL libraries, but I am not sure (budget?!?!

Right now, I am suffering some health problems, - is it called hay fever ? - / - in general not feeling fit. Also your name sounds familiar, also active at the Garritan Forum?

Raymond
PC Intel I7-Quad core, 12 Gb RAM, Windows 7-Pro X64, lots of HD's intern and extern, SONAR 8.5, NOTION 3, Altiverb, Overture, GPO libr., Garritan Authorized Steinway, PianoTeq 3.5 and soon EWQL SO.
Raymond Robijns

Postby fabiolcati » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:18 am

When I tried to delete those wrongly assigned instruments, they were deleted from the score, but remained in the mixer. That's odd.

Very odd. Someone else with vst at hand can be more helpful.

Also your name sounds familiar, also active at the Garritan Forum?

Yes, it's me. No that active, anyway :D
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Postby ulrik » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:31 am

Raymond Robijns wrote:I made a mistake with assigning a VST instrument. So I changed it into the right one. On my mixer are now two tracks, one with the wrong instrument and one with the proper one.
How can I get rid of those "not-in-use-and-wrongly-assigned" mixer tracks?

Raymond

I have the same problem as you but only if I had used different outputs from the vsti, (in the mixer you're able to assign different output from the vsti), other wise I have no problems, when deleting a vst track the channel strip also get deleted.
I think this should be submitted as a bug.

cheers / Ulrik
ulrik

Postby astinov » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:07 am

Hey guys,

Try removing the instrument and any and all references that may have been created to the instrument (e.g. instrument changes etc.) then save the score and re-open it.

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby Raymond Robijns » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:18 am

astinov wrote:Hey guys,

Try removing the instrument and any and all references that may have been created to the instrument (e.g. instrument changes etc.) then save the score and re-open it.

Lubo Astinov

Did that several times, no success!

Raymond
Raymond Robijns

Return to NOTION