Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Problems with Notion 3.250 on macosx 10.6.2.

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Problems with Notion 3.250 on macosx 10.6.2.

Postby Andrik » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:12 am

Hi there,

Notion 3, build 250, doesn't seem to work correctly on a 2009 macbook pro, at least not on mine. When I open a music sheet and choose a note from the palette, the mouse simply disappears when I hoover over the music sheet, so I can't draw any notes!!! The mouse is visible when it's in the point mode, and not the music mode, but there simply is no way I can draw any notes!

does anyone else experience the same problem?

regards,
Andrik
Andrik

Re: Problems with Notion 3.250 on macosx 10.6.2.

Postby Novatlan » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:36 am

I never encountered this. Try reinstalling Notion, maybe this helps.
Also have a look in the console wether or not there are any error messages visible.
Do not care for critics. Noone ever raised a statue to a critic (Jean Sibelius)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
www.demo.novatlan-sound.de
Novatlan

Postby Andrik » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:41 am

Hi,

first of all, I do apologize for my bad english, it's a weird problem and as English is not my native language it's kind of hard to explain the problem clearly.

I did a complete reinstall but the problem remains. I've found some kind of a workaround however. When I click twice on a note in the note palette, I can place notes. Strange thing is that the mouse pointer doesn't change to a note (music mode) but keeps on showing the mouse pointer.

It all seems like some refresh problem or something. I really think it's strange that I'm the only one (especially on a mac) who encounters the problem.

best regards,
Andrik
Andrik

Postby Novatlan » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:34 am

Don't panic.. I'm not a native speaker myself, so no need for apologies :)

As to your problem:
This sounds like some issue with the osx quartz layer. Are you on 10.6.2? If not, update to it (or to 10.5.8 depending).
Do not care for critics. Noone ever raised a statue to a critic (Jean Sibelius)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
www.demo.novatlan-sound.de
Novatlan

Postby astinov » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:18 am

Hi there,

All I can add is we have never seen or heard about such problem before. Which OSX edition are you using (English, German, SPanish etc...)

That being said we'll need to investigate that further. Did the update resolve the issue?

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby Andrik » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:23 am

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

As the title of my post suggests, I am running the latest osx version/update. My snow leopard is English by the way.
Yesterday I installed notion 3 on my windows pc and it works fine, so for now I can use the software, but I really want to use it on the road on my macbook.

regards,
Andrik
Andrik

Return to NOTION