Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

N3 and EWQLSO performance

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

N3 and EWQLSO performance

Postby BCopeBMus » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:17 am

Hello All

I'm absolutely loving Notion 3 and EWQLSO integration, well done to all!!!

Can anyone help me get a better performance from my set up? I'm using the EWQLSO full template but it seems to be struggling to play back effectively. I have a MAC Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon with 16GB of ram. Is there anything I can do like remove the patches I'm not using from the four instances of PLAY or will I need to go down the route of using JBridge or the like? My activiy monitor says I'm only using 5.61GB of the available 16GB of RAM.

Interestingly it seems to export ok without distortion, it' just breaking up during playback.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Best wishes

Brian
BCopeBMus

Re: N3 and EWQLSO performance

Postby Novatlan » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:37 am

One of the problems is that Notion is only 32 bit, which means it can only adress about 1.6gb of Ram. After that it crashes.
So far I have managed to (MacPro 2.8, 10gb) play back without glitches, but I had several crashes when going over that limit.
Do not care for critics. Noone ever raised a statue to a critic (Jean Sibelius)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
www.demo.novatlan-sound.de
Novatlan

Postby astinov » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:23 am

Yes, its most likely related to RAM, but you may also watch your CPU hit...

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby BCopeBMus » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:16 am

astinov wrote:Yes, its most likely related to RAM, but you may also watch your CPU hit...

Lubo Astinov

Dear Lubo

Thanks for you response but I'm not really sure what you mean. I have 16GB ram but another user says I can only access 1.6GB of it in N3, is this correct? I know that on a PC it's possible to use jbridge but is there a similar solution for mac, bidule perhaps? When you created the EWQLSO full template, what machine spec did you imagine it running on without glitches?

Thanks Brian
BCopeBMus

Return to NOTION