Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

New bundled prox files - fixes added !

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

New bundled prox files - fixes added !

Postby astinov » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:12 pm

Hi all,

An important thing for all NOTION3 users - we have uploaded new.prox files, for the bundled library, that address some looping issues and some inconsistencies with vibrato and other problems.

If you are experiencing problems with certain sounds - such as looping issues or vibrato not playing etc, please download and install the appropriate prox file for that instrument from here:

http://notionmusic.com/support/notion3_ ... wnload.php

This should fix the problem. Again, this is for the BUNDLED sounds.

Enjoy your weekend!

Thanks

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Re: New bundled prox files - fixes added !

Postby fabiolcati » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:38 pm

Pardon me Lubo,
to avoid downloading the entire bundled library, can you please point us which the upgraded sounds are?
On next monday, ça va sans dire ;)
Thank you
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Postby ulrik » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:42 pm

fabiolcati wrote:Pardon me Lubo,
to avoid downloading the entire bundled library, can you please point us which the upgraded sounds are?
On next monday, ça va sans dire ;)
Thank you

Yes it would be nice to know, it's a lot to download otherwise.

Have a nice weekend!

Ulrik
ulrik

Postby Mister HU » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:52 am

Still waiting on an answer to this please...

There are an awful lot of files on that download page.
Mister HU

Postby astinov » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:32 am

Hi all,

There have been changes to the Woodwinds, Saxes, Strings and Solo Strings. What I recommend is to work on a case-by-case basis where if you know a particular instrument in your score is causing a problem, then just get that particular instrument. If your score sounds fine, then you don't have anything to worry about.

The vibratos and loops for example are across three sections. People were mentioning that they don't get a vibrato on their woodwinds, this should fix it. Certain loop problems on solo strings have been addressed as well as section strings. Saxes had issues on certain register (Tenor, Alto and Bari). I would probably update those and the Solo Strings.

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby ulrik » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:49 pm

astinov wrote:Hi all,

There have been changes to the Woodwinds, Saxes, Strings and Solo Strings. What I recommend is to work on a case-by-case basis where if you know a particular instrument in your score is causing a problem, then just get that particular instrument. If your score sounds fine, then you don't have anything to worry about.

The vibratos and loops for example are across three sections. People were mentioning that they don't get a vibrato on their woodwinds, this should fix it. Certain loop problems on solo strings have been addressed as well as section strings. Saxes had issues on certain register (Tenor, Alto and Bari). I would probably update those and the Solo Strings.

Lubo Astinov

Thanks, I am having problems with my "solo violin" file, I will redowload it to see if it will be solved.

cheers!
ulrik

Postby ulrik » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:13 pm

Still having the same problems with the Notion 3 "Solo violin" instrument, after downloaded the fixed instruments.

regards / Ulrik
ulrik

Return to NOTION