Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Controlling Remote Machines

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Controlling Remote Machines

Postby sghoughton » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:29 am

Just a further question to one i just posed in the EWQL faq thread.

I just got my Play version of Platinum and noticed some severe memory usage that the faq thread didnt seem to address, so i'm just curious if this next bit is achievable.

1. Using notion as a rewire host, and reaper or sonar as a rewire slave.
2. Load up the necessary KS patches in that host, or use that host to control hosts on external pcs using something like reastream. That way you can use one or more instances of Play or Kontakt in that host or the external hosts.
3. Use the EWQL templates in Notion to control that track without having Notion trying to load up the Play instrument within itself.

thanks

steve
sghoughton

Re: Controlling Remote Machines

Postby wcreed51 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:37 am

Controlling additional systems is a long standing method when working with large, resource hungry sample sets. They can be connected with traditional audio and MIDI hardware or over a gigabit network. There are many choices in how to set things up.

Back in the day, people like Hans Zimmer had setups of up to 40 PCs! The evolution of computer hardware and the move into 64bit have largely made that kind of sprawling setup unnecessary.
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Return to NOTION