Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

miroslav philharmonik

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

miroslav philharmonik

Postby ulrik » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:03 pm

Hi!

I'm thinking of buying a sound library, I dont' have that much money at the moment so I found the Miroslav Philharmonik Classic edition at a nice price, and I saw it is possible to upgrade later to the full edition. I have 2 questions regarding this library,

1) Does Notion support it with presets? (I've seen somewhere that it does support Miroslav philharmonik, but I don't know if it support this "classical edition")
2) Have you heard it, maybe have it yourself, what do you think about it?

Thanks / Ulrik
ulrik

Re: miroslav philharmonik

Postby elerouxx » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:58 pm

Hey, Ulrik! Did you buy the classic edition and tested with Miroslav? Does it work the same as the full orchestra?

Sorry for pushing up the old thread.

Theoretically, the Miroslav classic sounds would suffice for Notion, but I don't know if the presets will work with both.
elerouxx

Postby Eftwyrd » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:54 am

I have Miroslav (Full version) and it works very well with Notion (Presets). It sounds great. I don't use any Sound from Notion since I have this Orchestra.
Eftwyrd

Postby ulrik » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:08 am

I bought the full version and it works well, so I can't tell if the reduced version works with Notion
ulrik

Postby thorrild » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:22 am

ulrik wrote:I can't tell if the reduced version works with Notion

I bought the reduced version last year. It is not recognized by Notion as a supported library. Consequently, I never really use it.

Best,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby elerouxx » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:51 am

Thanks, Thorrild. I checked so by installing a demo of CE in this notebook (since it doesn't have much space for samples) but the PhilharmonikCE is only recognized as a VST instrument (no presets, and I guess, no detailed custom rules possible for different instruments).

It means that it's possible to use but you have to configure every Miroslav instrument you want to use from scratch every time, and you won't be able to have Miroslav change to the correct channel to play a 'staccato' or 'pizzicato' sample just by writing that in the score.

At current prices, Miroslav Philharmonik full version is a great value.
elerouxx

Postby thorrild » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:14 pm

elerouxx wrote:At current prices, Miroslav Philharmonik full version is a great value.

Speaking of great values: I bought the CE (reduced) version as a special download offer for just $15. I was optimistic and thought that if I could only find out the library ID for this cheap version, I could somehow change that information in the rule set for Miroslav Philharmonik, thus having a pretty good library available and integrated with Notion for only a few dollars.

Of course, none of that turned out to be true. The ID seems to be a closely guarded secret, and my harebrained scheme quickly died on the vine.

A suggestion: I would imagine that you can install just the samples you really want (or erase the unwanted ones after installation) if you need to preserve disk space on your computer...

Best,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby elerouxx » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:28 pm

I think there's some application that can tell you the IDs of any VST plugin... but still, I don't see a way to create Miroslav CE instrument presets that are accesible thru Notion's score setup, the same as the other officially supported libraries work. Then, even if you set rules for the particular ID as a library, I guess you would not be able to tell out a violin from a clarinet inside the custom rules.

About your suggestion, thank you very much! There are lots of Philharmonik sounds that aren't used by Notion presets and that I could get rid of in my small notebook. (Why I didn't think about that? lol).

I only have an old 60GB SATA HDD. And it won't get better because I plan to upgrade the HDD to a SSD, so probably I will stick to smal sizes for the price. I now feel more confident that I'll be able to install Miroslav full and cut out some samples.

It would be kind from Notion to support CE, which seems to have enough sounds to deliver all default instruments, but I won't fill up a feature request for that because I don't see that as a priority.
elerouxx

Return to NOTION