Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Custom VSTi tutorial

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Custom VSTi tutorial

Postby Viango » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:11 am

HI,
I watched the custom VSTi tutorial. It takes only into account the setup of 1 Vsti instrument.
But what if you want to set up 2 or 3 different Vsti instruments (kontakt player 4). Then I get no sound on the other instruments that I've setup. And I talk here about basic sound setup.
I don't talk about key switches or other different articulations within one instrument. Just basic sound....
If I may compare this to logic 8 which is a sequencer then it is quite simple to setup different Vsti instruments that make sound when you play them.
Maybe I'm missing something here..... A advanced tutorial on setting up more custom Vsti instruments would be highly appreciated.
Vincent
Viango

Re: Custom VSTi tutorial

Postby posssu » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:12 am

So you do get audio from Notion so that you're sound card is correctly setup up?

Describe precisely how you want the instruments to appear in your current Notion project and I'll tell you how to set it up.

-how many instruments
-which instruments
-all of them in one Kontakt Player or all in separate Kontakt Players?
-do yo want to control the modwheel or some other CC-data for some of them?
Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz
posssu

Postby Viango » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:11 pm

Finally I managed to get more VST instruments to have a basic sound output in Notion 3. Maybe I did something wrong. Just started with Notion 3.
I have four instruments sounding with 4 instances of kontakt player 4: a Piano (Akoustic piano), an Accordeon (Accordeons) and a double bass and a clarinet from the Xsample Chamber Ensemble. So I can continue now with learning to work with notion 3.
Thanks for your answer Possu.
Vincent
Viango

Postby posssu » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:46 pm

Good that it's working now! Let me know if there's something you need help with. :)
Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz
posssu

Return to NOTION