Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Expansion Sounds Ripoff!

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Expansion Sounds Ripoff!

Postby composer » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:19 pm

I own Notion 2 with all the available expansion sounds. I got Notion 3 for $8.00 US. Now, I am expected to shell out another $221 US for the N3 expansion sounds that weren't included with N3, as they should have been? I don't think so. Ripoff! :evil:
composer

Re: Expansion Sounds Ripoff!

Postby pcartwright » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:13 pm

So your previous Notion 2 expansion sounds don't work on Notion 3?
pcartwright

Postby Mister HU » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:33 pm

How can you be complaining that a brand new software that you got for $8 is a ripoff, if you have to pay for some extra sounds? You can go ahead and use the Notion 2 sounds, or you can pay for the new ones.

I paid for several Notion 2 expansion kits, so I had the choice whether to continue using those, or go for the new ones for Notion 3. While the price is certainly not pocket money, I would not call it a rip-off. I decided it was worth it.

It's just a different pricing structure. The base cost of Notion 3 is cheaper than Notion 2. Then users can choose a la carte the extra sounds they wish to buy. Alternatively, you can make everybody pay a more expensive base rate and have a lot of sounds that many people will never use.
Mister HU

Postby Bird Tune » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:46 pm

I think the folks who make Notion are pretty good people and I would'nt use a strong word like ripoff. After all, we did upgrade for $8. I will say this however, it would have been nice to have an upgrade price for the expansion sounds we already owned. Yet, for the very newest stuff like the mandolin and banjo, I can understand paying the full price. Over the weekend I purchased the mandolin just to see what it was like and have since fallen in love with it. With the right drums, the guitar from N3, the Upright Bass and the mandolin one can make a great acoustic combo. All we need is a "fiddle" -- not a violin (lol) and it would be bluegrass city! (minus the drums, of course). I am sure there are many other uses to be found also. I am considering buying the complete package of expansion sets, though I guess that means I will have bought the mandolin twice.

Bird Tune
Bird Tune

Return to NOTION