Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

The new expansion kits - anybody got them?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

The new expansion kits - anybody got them?

Postby Mister HU » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:13 pm

I just purchased and downloaded the bundle of new expansion sounds. Unfortunately, Notion won't let me install any of them - "Permission denied."

I've sent a message to Tech Support, so I guess I'll be hearing back next week, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue, and if not - how are you liking the new sounds?
Mister HU

Re: The new expansion kits - anybody got them?

Postby wcreed51 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:25 pm

If your OS is Vista or Win7, are you installing as Administrator?
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby Mister HU » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:57 am

I'm on Snow Leopard.
Mister HU

Postby posssu » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:00 am

Mister HU wrote:I'm on Snow Leopard.

I'm using them on Snow Leopard. Have you tried fixing permissions using the Disk utility? Sounds like that kind of problem...
Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz
posssu

Postby ulrik » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:43 am

Mister HU wrote:I just purchased and downloaded the bundle of new expansion sounds. Unfortunately, Notion won't let me install any of them - "Permission denied."

I've sent a message to Tech Support, so I guess I'll be hearing back next week, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue, and if not - how are you liking the new sounds?

Go to /library/application support/Notion music, choose that folder, show info, at the bottom of the info meny you have permission settings for the folder and also for everything that's inside, see to that you have both read/write permissions for the folder and it's contents.
I think that should fix your problem.

Regards / Ulrik
ulrik

Postby Mister HU » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:13 pm

Thanks for that tip. The folder indeed said that I could read only. I changed that to Read & Write, and now the "Permission denied" message has gone away. Instead, now it is telling me that all these new files are already installed.

But when I open Notion, all the new instruments are still greyed out!
Mister HU

Postby ulrik » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:23 pm

Mister HU wrote:Thanks for that tip. The folder indeed said that I could read only. I changed that to Read & Write, and now the "Permission denied" message has gone away. Instead, now it is telling me that all these new files are already installed.

But when I open Notion, all the new instruments are still greyed out!

Hmmm...if you try this then:
move all sounds from inside the "Expansion" folder to your desktop (or another place), then try to install them again, then you'll get rid of the "already installed" message, and you should get a window saying that you should authorize the sounds you're installing, there you should be able to insert your serial number for your Notion 3 copy and be able to receive authorization for the expansion sounds.

Hope it will work / Ulrik
ulrik

Postby Mister HU » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:40 pm

Thanks. I tried that, and it did seem like it installed the file. It then asks me for a license code, and I enter my Notion 3 license code, which is the only code I have, and click on "Receive Code."

Then it gives me the contradictory message "Thank you, your software is now activated. Authorized Expansion Sounds: None. Not yet authorized: " and then it lists all the expansion kit instruments that I've tried and failed to install. Hmph!

When I visit my Notion account, it has a message that my license code is not on file, or something, so I suspect that has something to do with it. I'll just wait until the Notion guys get back to work on Monday.
Mister HU

Return to NOTION