Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Instrument change loose transpse

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Instrument change loose transpse

Postby luigi.di.guida » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:24 pm

Hi,

in the video that shows the making of templates VST, with VIENNA ENSEMBLE PRO, there are not "transposing instruments" (I see "violin", "viola", etc.)
If I try to do the same with a transposing instrument (ex.: English Horn), at the point where I insert the change the staff returns "in C" (also in "Transposed" view).

Why?!?!?..

I must write and read all instruments in C?!....

Is a very big problem, also for the score print!!!

Please help me!

Thanks!
luigi.di.guida

Re: Instrument change loose transpse

Postby Johnny » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:44 pm

luigi.di.guida wrote:If I try to do the same with a transposing instrument (ex.: English Horn), at the point where I insert the change the staff returns "in C" (also in "Transposed" view).

Why?!?!?..

The "Staff Setting" will always remain the same as it was set at the beginning of the score.
I believe even If you make an instrument change using the "Shift+I" method _the original staff setting "transposed or not!" will remain as it was set in the "Score Setup".

,Johnny

:arrow:
Johnny

Re: Instrument change loose transpse

Postby luigi.di.guida » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:01 am

Hello and thanks for the reply ...

unfortunately when using VEP with custom staff (special sfaffs), the settings made ​​in the setup score are lost!

: (

I also found this post:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5974

Sigh sigh!
:cry: :cry: :cry:
luigi.di.guida

Return to NOTION