Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

GPO Bass Clarinet PlugInData file needed

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

GPO Bass Clarinet PlugInData file needed

Postby fabiolcati » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:19 pm

Hi all.
Has somebody be able to send me the original 09_Garritan_Bass_Clarinet.notion file?
I corrupted mine while editing it and now it doesn't appear in the GPO palette in Edit Score Setup view.
Thank you in advance.
Fabio
Arrigo Beyle - Milanese - Lived, wrote, loved - - Stendhal
Being italian is a full-time job - - B. Severgnini
fabiolcati

Re: GPO Bass Clarinet PlugInData file needed

Postby Johnny » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:17 pm

fabiolcati wrote:Hi all.
Has somebody be able to send me the original 09_Garritan_Bass_Clarinet.notion file?

Hope this works for you.
09_Garritan_Bass_Clarinet.notion
(50.54 KiB) Downloaded 874 times

,Johnny

:arrow:
Johnny

Postby fabiolcati » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:20 pm

I will give it a try.
Stay tuned.
Fabio
fabiolcati

Postby fabiolcati » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:27 pm

It works.
Thank you Johnny.
Fabio
fabiolcati

Postby Surfwhammy » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:07 pm

As an FYI type of thing for folks who might encounter this problem, if you are on the Mac, then these files are part of the Mac OS X application "package", and you can download the current version of NOTION 4 ("Notion-4.0.329-OSX.zip"), which when unzipped is "Notion.app" . . .

[NOTE: This technique works for NOTION 4, which is done differently from the way NOTION 3 is done (see the note in the post script, below). I am not certain how this is handled in the Windows universe, but it probably is similar in one way or another . . . ]

On the Mac, there is no installer for this, and it is simply the application; so you can right-click on it and then click on "Show Package Contents", followed by looking in the "Resources" subfolder where these types of templates are stored. For this purpose, it is just a file; and you do not need to run it. All you are doing is copying a file from the "Resources" folder of the Mac OS X application "package" . . .

However, if the copy in the version of "Notion.app" you are using is corrupted, you will need to replace it with the correct one, but on the Mac it probably is easier just to copy the application file, since this ensures that everything is pristine . . .

[NOTE: The "context menu" is what appears when you right-click on a Mac OS X application, but it generally refers to all pop-up menus that appear when you right-click. It is different from a "fly-out" menu . . . ]

NOTION 4 Application Context Menu

Partial Listing of NOTION 4 Package Contents

Lots of FUN! :)

P. S. It is different for the NOTION 3 update, which is a Mac OS X application installer; but this technique works for NOTION 4, since it is the actual application rather than being an installer . . .

The download update for NOTION 3 is "Disk Image Mounter (.dmg)" file; and the disk image is "Install NOTION3 Update 3.2.9960.mpkg", which is a Mac OS X application installer and is very different from the way this is done with NOTION 4 . . .

I would not do this for NOTION 3 unless it was necessary, since as I recall the licensing scheme is different for NOTION 3, and running the actual installer probably affects the licensing system . . .
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Return to NOTION