Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Cellos Issues with Build 250

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Cellos Issues with Build 250

Postby Cerb » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:32 pm

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that the playback of the EWQL Cellos Light preset by Notion seems "broken" : it doesn't playback anymore, when playing the score and when echoing a note entry neither.
The Vsti is correctly downloaded, as can be seen and tested with Ctrl+I, so that it seems to be precisely a playback issue.

By the way, why did you suppress the playback by the piano when a preset is unavailable?

Finally, I observed that when changing in the staff settings the instrument from a light preset to a full preset, and reciprocally, the new preset is not loaded.

Cheers
Cerb

Re: Cellos Issues with Build 250

Postby Luis » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:31 pm

Same happens here with Cello lite. Also some articulations does not work such as Pizz on every Strings on new projects (they work in the old ones). VCS are loaded instead of Basses ...
This new release is awesome.. nice ideas on Full Score for EWQL (thanks Mr Astinov) just hope this small details to be solved.
Luis

Postby astinov » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:01 am

OK guys, we'll look into those issues, thanks!

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby astinov » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:45 am

Hey everyone,

This will be fixed automatically for the next build, but in the mean time, you can do two things to get your Cellos back.

1. Non-technical solution (easy): As soon as your Cellos Lite preset loads, go to the PLAY interface and change the channel from 1 to 0.

2. Technical solution (advanced): Go to your PluginData/EWQL/Rules folder and edit the EWQL_Platinum.prules file by going to line 1960 (the Cellos Lite section) and delete this line: <channel-change channel = "6"/>

This should fix it.

I am not able to recreate the other two problems - Double Basses Lite load properly for me and the pizz works fine. Two things come to mind that may be the cause for that.

1. The Double Basses lite used to have this problem some time ago. We fixed it with an update. However if for some reason the file was not overwritten on the client machine, this could explain this behavior. Solution: Delete all notion files in your PluginData/EWQL folder and then re-apply the 250 update

2. Some techniques require a "normale" to be turned off. If the technique is not turned off, the pizz may not kick in in some cases. Solution: try to place a normale on or before the note with the pizz (you can place it on a rest as well)

Thanks

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby Cerb » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:19 pm

Great, thanks very much for the cellos fix Lubo!

A bit disappointed though that I wasn't able to figure out the channel issue myself :mrgreen:
Cerb

Postby Luis » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:54 pm

Everything working fine.
Thanks Lubo
Luis

Return to NOTION