Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Build 250 is out !

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Build 250 is out !

Postby astinov » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:34 am

jazzalien wrote:Guitar pre-bends are STILL NOT YET working correctly. Sorry, but this is the fifth update.

In build 239 were some Guitar-fixes:
4. Guitar bends, pre-bends and tremolo marks playback optimizations and fixes

Who is checking the results at NOTION? Simple enter a note on a guitar staff, place a pre-bend symbol on it, press the play button and hear the sound...

I have made a Topic, Replys and a Bug Report about it. It is difficult.

PLEASE fix this bug finally!

Thanks

jazzalien,

I realize how it can be frustrating. We will look into it for the next build. There were simply far too many things on our plate for 250 that would affect a great number of users and the pre-bend bug must have slipped through the cracks.

Thanks for your understanding.

Lubo Astinov

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Re: A Little GPO Love Please

Postby pcartwright » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:53 am

pcartwright wrote:So I was pumped to see the new update (I was really excited to see the expansion sounds, and I still am), but when I pulled up my GPO tracks, the "instrument technique" tab labeled "GPO Techniques" had nothing... just a label showing "no specific techniques."

Ironically, the VSTi has more usable techniques than the GPO techniques tab. Ideas anyone? I'll go ahead and post this as a bug report, but if anyone has a fix I'd appreciate it.

Any update on the GPO techniques?
pcartwright

Postby astinov » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:27 am

pcartwright wrote:
pcartwright wrote:So I was pumped to see the new update (I was really excited to see the expansion sounds, and I still am), but when I pulled up my GPO tracks, the "instrument technique" tab labeled "GPO Techniques" had nothing... just a label showing "no specific techniques."

Ironically, the VSTi has more usable techniques than the GPO techniques tab. Ideas anyone? I'll go ahead and post this as a bug report, but if anyone has a fix I'd appreciate it.

Any update on the GPO techniques?

We will look into that for the next update, sure. By the way, are there any techniques that are in GPO, that you can not already find in the palette (not in the techniques category but just in the other categories) ? Tremolo, slurs, trills and all that is already in the palette, right?

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby jazzalien » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:07 pm

astinov wrote:jazzalien,

I realize how it can be frustrating. We will look into it for the next build. There were simply far too many things on our plate for 250 that would affect a great number of users and the pre-bend bug must have slipped through the cracks.

Thanks for your understanding.

Lubo Astinov

OK, many thanks. Please check out the whole Guitar-Stuff in N3 for the next build. I understand that some things need their time. But this is very basicly stuff. It's time now...

Best regards
jazzalien

Postby Novatlan » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:50 pm

The update works great!
I had one crash, though, when trying to load the EWQL Lite template. I dutifully reported the crashlog :)
Do not care for critics. Noone ever raised a statue to a critic (Jean Sibelius)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
www.demo.novatlan-sound.de
Novatlan

Postby pcartwright » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:46 pm

astinov wrote:By the way, are there any techniques that are in GPO, that you can not already find in the palette (not in the techniques category but just in the other categories) ? Tremolo, slurs, trills and all that is already in the palette, right?

All the techniques you mentioned are there (tremolo, trill, legato, etc), but there are several techniques that went missing. For instance, mutes for strings and brass, pizzicato, fluttertongue (for piccolo and flute) are just a few techniques available in GPO. I can still use the techniques via the express entry method (which is fine by me), but I think other users may not know how to input directions that were available in the last build.
Attachments
GPOTechnique.jpg
GPOTechnique.jpg (5.58 KiB) Viewed 11281 times
pcartwright

Postby digitaleagle » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:15 pm

Are you guys still working on the vst playback problems? I hope so.

Thanks for the update.
digitaleagle

Postby Erufailon » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:57 pm

Hehe, I was just getting ready to rewrite my rules to match the new expressions added, and to my surprise I didn't have to change anything, you gave them the same four character IDs I gave them :D
Erufailon

Postby mkiz » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:43 pm

As an EWQLSO user, I am very excited about the latest build. However, I am trying to figure out how to make the best use of the updates. I can't open the new full orchestra template, as I only have 8GB Ram and a quad core machine. That said, I am trying to take advantage of the sections presets. It seems that I should be able to load these up, but while the strings section loads violins 1-2, va, cellos, and bass, only one "strings" staff is added to my score, and I can't figure out how to add additional staves without having to load the section separately for each staff.

I assume that all will be explained in the tutorial, but I just wanted to see if there is an easy answer for this one question.

Thanks,
mkiz
mkiz

Postby astinov » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:35 am

mkiz,

We have added a new tutorial on that in the tutorials sections. Check it out.

I'm puzzled why you can't open the EWQL template file - I open it fine on a machine with 4 gigs of RAM.

Do you get an error message or?

Lubo Astinov
astinov

PreviousNext

Return to NOTION