Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Build 250 is out !

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: A Little GPO Love Please

Postby pcartwright » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:31 pm

pcartwright wrote:
astinov wrote:By the way, are there any techniques that are in GPO, that you can not already find in the palette (not in the techniques category but just in the other categories) ? Tremolo, slurs, trills and all that is already in the palette, right?

All the techniques you mentioned are there (tremolo, trill, legato, etc), but there are several techniques that went missing. For instance, mutes for strings and brass, pizzicato, fluttertongue (for piccolo and flute) are just a few techniques available in GPO. I can still use the techniques via the express entry method (which is fine by me), but I think other users may not know how to input directions that were available in the last build.

Do we know yet if the techniques were removed in error, or is this going to be a permanent issue for GPO users going forward?
pcartwright

Re: Build 250 is out !

Postby mkiz » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:46 pm

Lubo,

I have now been able to open and productively use the EWQL full orchestra template on my machine. I think I had previously had trouble because something else was running in the background.

It works amazingly well!

Thanks for the tutorials, too!

mkiz
mkiz

Re: A Little GPO Love Please

Postby rjglagga » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:18 am

pcartwright wrote:
pcartwright wrote:
astinov wrote:By the way, are there any techniques that are in GPO, that you can not already find in the palette (not in the techniques category but just in the other categories) ? Tremolo, slurs, trills and all that is already in the palette, right?

All the techniques you mentioned are there (tremolo, trill, legato, etc), but there are several techniques that went missing. For instance, mutes for strings and brass, pizzicato, fluttertongue (for piccolo and flute) are just a few techniques available in GPO. I can still use the techniques via the express entry method (which is fine by me), but I think other users may not know how to input directions that were available in the last build.

Do we know yet if the techniques were removed in error, or is this going to be a permanent issue for GPO users going forward?

Another (new) user interested in this GPO issue! Thanks for a great (and improving) product.

-Rob
rjglagga

Previous

Return to NOTION