Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

From voice 1 to voice 2

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

From voice 1 to voice 2

Postby erikbosio » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:27 am

Hi there!

Is there a way to transform a part written for voice 1 into voice 2 without having to re-write it?

Thanks.
Erik
erikbosio

Re: From voice 1 to voice 2

Postby Johnny » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:24 am

erikbosio wrote:Is there a way to transform a part written for voice 1 into voice 2 without having to re-write it?

Maybe? Kind of easy?.
I'd like to help if I can.
Maybe a little confusing. Hard to explain all possibilities. Sorry,I'm in kind of a hurry.

First change Notion so it will display different note colors on multi-voice staffs:
View > Show > Show Voice Colors.

Then to change your score,

If you want to assign the notes of a "selected" staff to a different instrument (voice number) then,
from the "Edit" dropdown menu select:
"Select Part".
Then, "Right Click" over one of the selected notes. A context menu is displayed. Scroll down that context menu and select
"Tools > Swap Voices"
the color of the selected voices notes/rests change and are now assigned to voice 2.

You can also try selecting individual notes one at a time (Shift-Click adding more to the selection) and then "Voice Swapping" your parts that way. You may have to add or subtract rests to some measures though to get the alignment correct.

There's more than one way to get around issues like this. I use a MIDI loopback recording method that can be used to do some interesting edits. In this case, "Tacet" notes will not be transmitted or received in the loopback recording. In short, the voices 1,2,3 or 4 could be separated by using the MIDI loopback recording method. They could then be combined at least in two voices using "Surfwhammy's Grand Staff method mentioned below.

Sorry! I gotta go. I'll check back later to see if you found a method that works for you.
Also, see the Notion 4 Users Guide 8.15 for more information about the multi-voice staff.

,Johnny

:arrow:

P.s. Surfwhammy's "Work-around" Cut, Copy and Paste in order to "Combine/Merge" may be a method you're looking for. Using a piano "Grand Staff" as your merge path, add your part 1 to the treble clef and part 2 to the bass clef. Select and swap the voices/color of the treble or the bass clef. Then! [i]change the piano Grand Staff back to "Show Standard Notation" in the Score Setup Window. Both voice 1 and 2 will then be on the same or "single" staff with different colors that represent the corresponding voice 1,2,3 or 4.
Surfwhammy's post:
http://forum.notionmusic.com/viewtopic.php?p=20112#p20112
Johnny

Re: From voice 1 to voice 2

Postby erikbosio » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:20 pm

Tank you very much and sorry if the question was kind of stupid!

Erik
erikbosio

Return to NOTION