Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Equivalent of Renotate Performance in Sibelius

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Equivalent of Renotate Performance in Sibelius

Postby ibart » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:21 pm

Hi. I'm new to Notion having used Sibelius previously. My notation requirements are not very demanding but there was a feature in Sibelius that I found very useful. I like to get notes entered quickly by doing realtime midi input from a keyboard. Of course, because of timing issues the notation can be rather "sloppy". Sibelius has a plugin called Renotate Performance that would go a long way toward cleaning up the notation. Its not perfect but it would do a lot of the initial work for you. I am unable to find an equivalent functionality in Notion. I tried playing around with the Chord looseness, Min Duration, and Min velocity but to no avail. Does anyone know if Notion has the equivalent of Renotate Performance? Thanks for any input.
ibart

Re: Equivalent of Renotate Performance in Sibelius

Postby ghess1000 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:57 pm

No it doesn't. Notion does a pretty good job of interpreting real-time recording, but editing is more or less manual. You'll simply have to play a little cleaner.
George Hess
Yong Siew Toh Conservatory
National University of Singapore
MBP, 2.3 GHZ Quad i7, OSX 10.9.3, 16 GB RAM
ghess1000

Return to NOTION