Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

display resolution

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

display resolution

Postby wilhoit » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:28 pm

I just upgraded to a 4k display (3840x2160 pixels) and find that Notion is not rendering at the native resolution, but is upscaling from some lower resolution. My previous display was 2560x1440 (cutting-edge, a mere 1.5 short years ago :( ) and there was no aliasing or upscaling going on there. All of my other applications are using the new display correctly. Notion 4, Windows 8.1, nvidia GeForce GTX 650Ti with the latest driver. This is too strange to even be annoying, as in, it can hardly be something that is designed into the software, there must be some really weird simple thing going on that can be corrected. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Frank Wilhoit
Notion 4 / Windows 8.1
Bundled sounds + Woodwind extensions
wilhoit

Re: display resolution

Postby wilhoit » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:06 pm

Partly fixed. There is a Windows compatibility setting "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings", which helped a great deal. It is not quite as good as it ought to be, there is still noticeable aliasing on beams, hairpins, etc. -- but it is good enough.
Frank Wilhoit
Notion 4 / Windows 8.1
Bundled sounds + Woodwind extensions
wilhoit

Return to NOTION