Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Where to download Notion?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Where to download Notion?

Postby liquidnotion » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:07 pm

Been away from notion for awhile. I want to load it on my new computer but i can't find where to download it. I goto my account and it takes me to presonus and its not in that account. Where did it go?

Thanks all..
liquidnotion

Re: Where to download Notion?

Postby Surfwhammy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:57 pm

liquidnotion wrote:Been away from notion for awhile. I want to load it on my new computer but i can't find where to download it. I goto my account and it takes me to presonus and its not in that account. Where did it go?

Thanks all..

This is the link to the "Downloads" page of the Notion Music website where you can download the current version of NOTION 4:

[NOTE: This download is the NOTION 4 application only. The NOTION 4 sounds are downloaded in a separate procedure (see below) . . . ]

Downloads (Notion Music)

Once you have the NOTION 4 application downloaded and it is working correctly, you can click on the NOTION 4 main menu, where you will find the "Check For Sounds Update . . ." menu item, which you will click . . .

Clicking on the "Check For Sounds Update . . ." menu item causes the following dialog box to be displayed, and the dialog box has a button that navigates to the download page for NOTION 4 sounds at the Notion Music website . . .

[NOTE: Since I already have the current NOTION 4 sounds installed on the Mac Pro here in the sound isolation studio, the message I see is different from the message you will see, but the key bit of information is the "Visitg Download Page" button, since it is the way to navigate to the sounds download page . . . ]

Click on the "Visit Download Page" button, and your default web browser will be launched to navigate to the download page for Notion 4 sounds at the Notion Music website . . .

There are two ways to download the NOTION 4 sounds--(a) as one large file, which is done with a sounds installer, and (b) as a set of smaller files-- and the one that works best will depend primarily on whether your local or regional Internet Service Provider (ISP) engages in aggressive bandwidth throttling (or using sneaky weasel ISP terminology, "web traffic management strategies for enhanced customer experiences") . . .

One way to determine whether your ISP engages in aggressive bandwidth throttling is to observe the speed at which larger downloads occur, and if the speed is fast for the first 100 MB but then slows to a crawl, your ISP is engaging in aggressive bandwidth throttling, in which case the single approximately 6.5GB sounds download will never finish, hence you will want to download the sounds by instrument type and group in smaller files . . .

Lots of FUN! :)
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Return to NOTION