Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion 5?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Notion 5?

Postby Rubens » Wed May 28, 2014 2:24 pm

When folks believe Notion 5 will finally arrive??? I have a movie track to begin and really wanted to do it in Notion with the news about importing movie files...
Rubens

Re: Notion 5?

Postby thorrild » Thu May 29, 2014 8:22 am

It is really hard for me to understand a question like this.

If you have to do your movie work and Notion 5 isn't available to you, then you must either use Notion 4 or something else. Surely you aren't proposing to the people who hired you for the job that they postpone their movie until you have a certain software update!

Speaking from previous experience, you are not going to get a date from Notion until they are ready to give you one.

Best,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby Rubens » Thu May 29, 2014 8:55 am

Thorrild, it seems your capacity of interpreting a text is a little... Blocked perhaps...
Of course, I am using a simple excuse to bring the subject of Notion 5 to life as from several weeks we just had silence. That's all.
Hope now I could made you understand...
Anyway the question was "when do you folks believe..."
Rubens

Postby kvapka » Fri May 30, 2014 6:20 am

I beleave in this year, i think it will be 2.6.2014 or about next week. But i dont believe the video feature will be in N5. Maybe in version 7 or 10 if at all. I remember, when version 4 was coming and expects was big in midi cc edit (for me). But N4 dont have any midi cc edit. It is like N3 with some upgrades and features and 64bit version. I think N5 maybe bring this midi cc edit and maybe more notation edits. But i dont expect much features in N5. I am looking for Overture 5, but this program have very long path and still is not released. I think when Ov5 will be released, N5 will be one step back. I am using now Ov4 (midi edits are like in DAW but i dont need it much because you can still make detail edit your dynamics from score, the notation is far better as notion) connected with DAW as VST host (Ov4 can host vst but dont have mixer now).

But maybe i am wrong, i am still curious what N5 bring.

PS: sorry for my english
kvapka

Postby thorrild » Fri May 30, 2014 8:15 am

kvapka wrote:I beleave in this year, i think it will be 2.6.2014 or about next week.

Hi kvapka,

I like the humor in your reply. Probably a better way of dealing with the OP than actually arguing the facts...

Best,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Return to NOTION