Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

only 2 versions?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

only 2 versions?

Postby philip » Tue May 27, 2014 10:52 pm

I noticed there are only 2 licenses supplied with notion 4.
1) If I wanted to uninstall it from my current computer and reinstall on another, does that count against the other license?
2) It has been recommended that also install 32 bit version of the software to get full functionality---does that count against my second license?
philip

Re: only 2 versions?

Postby Surfwhammy » Wed May 28, 2014 9:25 am

philip wrote:I noticed there are only 2 licenses supplied with notion 4.
1) If I wanted to uninstall it from my current computer and reinstall on another, does that count against the other license?

As best as I can determine, this topic has the relevant information:

How to change second license in NOTION 4? (Notion Music FORUM)

Notion Music customer support needs to be involved to switch the license from the old computer to the new computer, but once it is done you continue to have the second license available, unless you already have used it to install NOTION 4 to a second computer . . .

philip wrote:2) It has been recommended that also install 32 bit version of the software to get full functionality---does that count against my second license?

I am not certain about this, but I think only one license is used for the computer when you have both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of NOTION 4 installed on a Windows machine. This is the case on the Mac, if only because both versions are contained in the same single Mac OS X application package. It would be illogical to penalize Windows users because the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of NOTION 4 are separate applications . . .

THOUGHTS

In both cases, Notion Music customer support can help you do this, and it is allowed, so it should not be a problem . . .

Lots of FUN! :)
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Re: only 2 versions?

Postby wcreed51 » Wed May 28, 2014 11:26 am

There's no reason to install the 32bit version unless you have 32bit plugs that you must use.
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Return to NOTION