Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Changing .notion files to .pdf files

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Changing .notion files to .pdf files

Postby fdsa4321lbp22 » Thu May 08, 2014 12:49 am

Hello.
Is there any free software that allows me to convert .notion files into .pdfs?

Post a link in your reply!

EDIT: If you are wondering, I have windows.
Last edited by fdsa4321lbp22 on Thu May 08, 2014 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fdsa4321lbp22

Re: Changing .notion files to .pdf files

Postby Surfwhammy » Thu May 08, 2014 10:25 pm

fdsa4321lbp22 wrote:Hello.
Is there any free software that allows me to convert .notion files into .pdfs?

Post a link in your reply!

The "*.notion" files are proprietary binary files and make sense only if you know how the various information is encrypted and stored . . .

You can examine a "*.notion" file using UltraEdit, which is available in Mac and Windows versions and has a 30-day free trial, but this probably is not what you are asking . . .

If you want to save a NOTION score as a PDF file, it depends on whether you are doing digital music production on the Mac or on a Windows computer . . .

For those folks doing digital music production on the Mac, PDF support is included as part of Mac OS X, and you only need to "Print" the NOTION 4 score and use the "Save As PDF . . . " option . . .

On a Windows computer, you will need a PDF utility, and there are several of them . . .

You can do a search on "PDF" in this FORUM and find some links to PDF utilities that FORUM members use on their Windows computers . . .

I do everything on the Mac, so I have no recommendations, other than it is important to avoid free Windows software that installs malware, adware, and modifies your web browser, which for a while was a big problem with "free" PDF utilities for Windows . . .

Lots of FUN! :)
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Return to NOTION