Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

How to get the solo line to appear above the piano staves?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

How to get the solo line to appear above the piano staves?

Postby dhbailey » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:19 am

I'm flummoxed on this one -- I'm trying to start a new score and in the setup dialog I select Violin Solo and the staff appears. Then I select Piano since this is a work for violin solo with piano. The piano grand staff appears above the violin solo staff. It doesn't matter which order I try to create the staves in the score, the piano grand staff always appears above the violin solo staff. I've looked in the index of the help file and I find nothing about moving the staves around in the score. I've tried click/drag, I've tried ctrl-click-drag, I've tried alt-ctrl-click-drag and nothing works.

What am I doing wrong?
dhbailey

Re: How to get the solo line to appear above the piano stave

Postby wcreed51 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:13 am

In score setup, simply drag the violin staff above the grand staff.
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Re: How to get the solo line to appear above the piano stave

Postby dhbailey » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:37 pm

I've done that and it doesn't move. EDIT -- I was missing seeing the very narrow bar which appears above the piano grand staff when I clicked-and-dragged. I was dragging a large blue outline so I thought I needed to place it where it visually would end up, which meant that I was dragging the pointer past the narrow bar which would disappear and thus when I released the mouse button the staff would stay where it was to begin with.
dhbailey

Return to NOTION