Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Installing individual instruments

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Installing individual instruments

Postby Kidnapster » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:33 pm

While installing the instrument bundle, I encountered a problem where 14 instruments didn't install. I already downloaded all of them, but during the installation, only 51 installed and the other 14 did not. When I enter Notion I get the message "_______ sounds are not available" for all the instruments that didn't install. Is there any way I can go back and install the other ones that were not installed? I would just download them all again and try again, but my internet is incredibly slow, and it took me 12 hours to download all of them.

Thank you!
Kidnapster

Re: Installing individual instruments

Postby Surfwhammy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:56 pm

Kidnapster wrote:While installing the instrument bundle, I encountered a problem where 14 instruments didn't install. I already downloaded all of them, but during the installation, only 51 installed and the other 14 did not. When I enter Notion I get the message "_______ sounds are not available" for all the instruments that didn't install. Is there any way I can go back and install the other ones that were not installed? I would just download them all again and try again, but my internet is incredibly slow, and it took me 12 hours to download all of them.

Thank you!

As best as I can determine, this is the standard advice from Notion Music technical support for the first thing to try in this scenario:

[NOTE: I found another post that suggests exiting and restarting NOTION 4 after you reload the sounds using procedure provided recently by Admin . . . ]

Admin wrote:Reload your sounds. Go to:

Notion>Preferences>Audio>Choose…

Select the location of your Sounds folder for Notion and press Ok. This should resolve your issue.

Regards,

Admin

THOUGHTS

If the procedure recommended by Admin does not resolve the problem, then you will need to call Notion Music technical support (a.k.a., "customer support"), since they will be able to get more information to diagnose the problem and to provide a happy solution, which is fabulous . . .

Fabulous! :)
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Return to NOTION