Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

My custom EWQLSO external midi rules

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

My custom EWQLSO external midi rules

Postby Erufailon » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:21 pm

After reading ccmusicman's post I think it could help some people if I shared my own settings, but Is it OK if I share my own .prules file and my own expressionlist.tkp file here? The prules file is based on the EWQL ruleset that comes with the program, and the expressionlist is the same that comes with N3, with a few new expressions and a few changes here and there. And since these are parts of the software, I think I'd need permission to share them.
Erufailon

Re: My custom EWQLSO external midi rules

Postby dgriffee » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:07 am

...when i look at the tutorials page, and imagine what should be in the big empty space which appears at the bottom under the title "Custom Playback Rules (Advanced Tutorial)", I dream of seeing Lubo's tutorialized version of something very much like what Erufailon has cleverly figured out.

Surely there must be a "right way" for the power of this extemely flexible software architecture to be made accessible for precisely this kind of config-customization needs.
dgriffee

Postby ccmusicman » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:39 pm

I, for one, would definitely appreciate the midi rules.

Hopefully you can post them.

Rob
ccmusicman

Postby mkiz » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:57 pm

I would be interested in seeing these rules as well. I can't imagine this would be a problem, as others freely distribute their human playback instrument preferences files for Finale and soundsets for Sibellius. I believe Lubo Astinov in an earlier posting mentioned that he was planning to put together a tutorial to help people to create settings to assist those wanting custom preferences files.

I hope we can see your rules sometime soon!

mkiz
mkiz

Postby Luis » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:39 pm

I am also interested in your rules file it will be very helpfull since the documentation has no words about rules, and I don´t dare to modify the original XML scripts.
Thanks for sharing
Luis
Luis

Postby Cerb » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:07 pm

I would be very interested indeed ;)
Cerb

Postby Jerome Vonhögen » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:25 pm

Any news on this?
Are we allowed to share/exchange custom external midi rules?

- Jerome Vonhögen
Jerome Vonhögen

Postby Erufailon » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:46 am

I don't think that should be a problem, but there is no point now in sharing mine, as the tool I made allows you to do what I did, and the whole point of my rules are the possibility to have the DXF patches react to hairpins, while using the KS patches for everything else, and I explained how to do that in the readme.
I also have divisi, but that's also simple, the first channel has the DXF patch, second the ensemble KS, third has the solo instrument. For example x01 switches to the third channel, so that's divisi, and x02 switches to the second as explained in the readme for the normal stuff. Or you can have the divisi switch in the ensemble rules, it doesn't matter. actualy for divisi you'd be better off using custom sounds, because x01 only applies to the note, while cs01 applies to all the notes after that until cancelled (for example by normale).
Erufailon

Return to NOTION