Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion 3 Installation

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Notion 3 Installation

Postby FX1 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:17 pm

I've tried to install Notion 3, three times now. Each time I get a "Service Install Failed" note at the top of the authorization window and after filling out all of the authorization information it fails to authorize with a "-11" error code.

I've waited a longggg time to get Notion 3 and I'm a little grumpy at the moment. :?
FX1

Re: Notion 3 Installation

Postby posssu » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:29 pm

I don't know how much the technical customer service visits this forum, so since it's an installation issue, it's probably safest to mail them or even call.
Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz
posssu

Postby FX1 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:17 am

Thanks, I'll do that. I'm sure they will sort it out soon.
FX1

Postby fandango » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:45 am

Could actually be Nalpeiron (licence technology guys) servers? (this sort of thing making us unfortunate civilian casualties of the War on Piracy)

I'm about to install Notion on another machine, so I'll let you know if I have any similar problems.
fandango

Postby fandango » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:12 am

[EDIT - FX1: success, try registering Notion again?]

Yeah, as I suspected, the registration servers must be down, I can't get registered either.

Welcome to the wonderful world of protection systems where the customer is guilty until proven innocent. ;)

(am I alone in thinking that legally, protection systems should give a week (or a number of consecutive hours) or so of 'leeway' and lock the software only after the registration cannot be validated?)
fandango

Postby FX1 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:51 pm

**Updated info...might help someone else...

Notion advised me to install the latest updates and try again. I did and it worked beautifully.

Thanks for the quick response. Now I can play! :D

(It's telling me it "can't install the service" or something along those lines so I'm assuming your correct.

Seems to me if your going to use a service like this it should have 100% up time or it's simply a waste of time. I'm not opposed to protection, but working protection would be key.
FX1

Return to NOTION