Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Busy, Busy, Busy...

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Busy, Busy, Busy...

Postby elerouxx » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:52 pm

I am really excited to read the news!

Although I think i'm missing something. Everyone seems to be talking about some details of these news that I can't find nowhere. Is Cross-staff really coming? Are there any other information on the ongoing works?
elerouxx

Postby tubatimberinger » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:34 pm

I also, am confused. Is the update available? I don't find it when I check.
tubatimberinger

Postby rst » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:58 am

It was post in this thread from Admin about cross-staff implementation and some timings, but now it is disappeared.
rst

Postby Wolfgang » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:15 pm

Yeah, what about Cross-Staff Beaming??
I need this! It has been deleted from the first post without any announcement.

If it won't be released with v5, I'll be done with Notion.
Wolfgang

Postby tubatimberinger » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:17 pm

Could we get some clarification?

-t
tubatimberinger

Postby tubatimberinger » Thu May 01, 2014 10:13 am

It seems, someone mis-read something, then commented and a few others joined in and that led to confusion. Don't know who spoke out of turn and it's not important. But this is what I got when I asked on FB.

-t
Attachments
notion.JPG
notion.JPG (53.12 KiB) Viewed 13458 times
tubatimberinger

Postby ghess1000 » Tue May 06, 2014 1:33 am

I can't tell you anything specific, but you are going to like Notion 5.
George Hess
Yong Siew Toh Conservatory
National University of Singapore
MBP, 2.3 GHZ Quad i7, OSX 10.9.3, 16 GB RAM
ghess1000

Postby Funkybot » Mon May 12, 2014 12:24 pm

I'm pleasantly surprised to learn that Notion 5 appears to be in the works. I was thinking the Presonus buy out would mean the Notion team was hard at work integrating Notion into Studio One, which is why things got quiet on the update front. Would be nice if both Studio One integration and Notion 5 were happening in parallel.
Funkybot

Postby Surfwhammy » Mon May 12, 2014 3:52 pm

Funkybot wrote:I'm pleasantly surprised to learn that Notion 5 appears to be in the works. I was thinking the Presonus buy out would mean the Notion team was hard at work integrating Notion into Studio One, which is why things got quiet on the update front. Would be nice if both Studio One integration and Notion 5 were happening in parallel.

NOTION 4 and PreSonus Studio One 2.6 Producer/Professional already are integrated, as is the case with NOTION 4 and Ableton Live 9, Apple LogicPro 9/X, MOTU Digital Performer, and most other Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) applications . . .

The integrating technology is ReWire 2 (Propellerhead Software), and this is the first thing I verified after reading about the PreSonus acquisition of Notion Music . . .

[NOTE: This was a private YouTube music video when I did it originally in September 2013 and posted it in the "Announcement: Notion Joins the Presonus Family" topic in this FORUM, but I made it public today (May 12, 2014) so that it is easier to find, although I did not think it was difficult to find when it was private . . . ]

StudioOne 2.6, NOTION 4, Reason 7, ReWire 2 ~ September 2013 ~ YouTube music video

THOUGHTS

I started with Digital Performer (MOTU) about a decade ago--at first using AudioDesk (MOTU) which is the lite version of Digital Performer that came with the MOTU 828mkII external digital audio and MIDI interface--so it is easier for me to work with Digital Performer 8.06, but I also have Studio One 2.6.2 Producer and Logic Pro 9/X, although I use them mostly for doing tutorial videos and helping folks in this FORUM . . .

Regardless, you can work with NOTION 4 and these DAW applications in a ReWire 2 session, which includes being able to add new instruments to the NOTION 4 score; to write and to update music notation in the NOTION 4 score; and so forth, as well as being able to do all the things one does with a full-featured DAW application . . .

The only difference is that the audio in a ReWire 2 session is handled by the ReWire 2 host controller, which in this scenario is the DAW application, which basically maps to the audio being heard only when you make it available from the NOTION 4 Mixer via ReWire 2 channel pairs, which can be done for each separate instrument; for groups of instruments; and for the NOTION 4 master output track, depending on what you need to do at the time . . .

[NOTE: In this scenario, NOTION 4 is a ReWire 2 slave, as is Reason 7, if you also are using Reason 7. Additionally, NOTION 4 can control Reason 7 synthesizers via NOTION 4 External MIDI staves, and in a similar way Reason 7 can control NOTION 4 instruments via the new Reason 8 External MIDI functionality, which on the Mac is very easy to do since Mac OS X includes "virtual MIDI cable" technology via the IAC Driver and the Audio MIDI Setup application which among other activities is used to configure "virtual MIDI cables" . . . ]

There are a few simple rules that you need to follow but they are easy rules, and this works very nicely on the Mac, where at present I am doing this on a 2.8-GHz 8-core Mac Pro (Early 2008) with 24GB of memory running Mac OS X 10.9.2 (Mavericks) . . .

I do everything on the Mac, so I cannot provide much information about this with respect to Windows computers, but I think it works in the Windows universe, as well . . .

Lots of FUN!
:)
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Previous

Return to NOTION