Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Why do you need so much of my personal information

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Why do you need so much of my personal informa

Postby JackNolan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:45 pm

I just wanted to post an update to this forum to let people know that my problem was resolved. I've been traveling on business and haven't had the chance to update until now.

The Progress software is absolutely wonderful! I can understand why eveyone here is so loyal. For my needs it works much better than Guitar Pro, Sibelius, or Finale. It's much more intuitive, stable, and it sounds great! Technical Support is outstanding. Thanks, in particular to Lubo who stayed after business hours to get me up and running.

So the problem was apparently the Nalpeiron servers being down. I would enter all of my information and activation code and get Error Code 84 over and over again. Since this happened on a Saturday morning when tech support was off, since I was about to jump on a plane the next day for an extended business trip, it was particularly frustrating. The chances of having this set of circumstances going on at once is slim, but I'm lucky that way.

So my only remaining complaint is that when the server the error message in the Mac version of this software should read:
"Unable to communicate with server. Try again later." For Windows users, Error Code 84 is fine. LOL

Thanks again, Lubo.
JackNolan

Re: Why do you need so much of my personal informa

Postby posssu » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:41 pm

Good that you got things worked out!

I also think NotionMusic should let users and buyer know more clearly about such server downtimes - it can be really frustrating for new users who try to activate and have no clue about this kind of things. At least I didn't see any big announcement about this server downtime on the notionmusic.com.
Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz
posssu

Previous

Return to NOTION