Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

G-Playr, Vienna Performance Tool & Notion 4

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

G-Playr, Vienna Performance Tool & Notion 4

Postby 890zx » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:41 pm

Hello, I am new in this forum:

I´m user of the Gisgastudio VSL old library.

At the present I have replaced Gigastudio with Soundlib G-Player 2 and I continue using the Vienna Performance Tool 2 succesfully, both under Windows 7 x64.

I like very much the concept of "notation realtime sequencer" of Notion because I play in realtime all the parts of the scores.

I have some problems to integrate G-Player & Vienna Performance Tool with Notion because, used as VSTi, the G-Player does not allow to use the Vienna Performance Tool and using G-Player in stand alone mode I am forced to record all keyswitches in each part.

My questions are:

1) Is there any way to filter or hide visually the notes of the keyswitches from the score, but at the same to retain the MIDI information (like Cubase score)?

2) Is it possible to create presets or rules that could replace the functions of the Vienna Performance Tool, integrating that rol into Notation?

3) Is it possible to restrict the instrument range (the range of MIDI notes that will be recorded) in a staff)?

4) Is it possible to split the incoming MIDI stream in two staffs for the same MIDI channel (without using external software)?

I have no plans for the moment for to buy tVienna Ensemble Pro and I am not sure if I want to use in a future a closed and hardware linked library like it is the VSL at the present version.

Finally I am really satisfied with the audio quality and performance that G-Player delivers and I don´t want to replace it with Kontakt or other sampleplayers.
890zx

Return to NOTION