Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

accel and rit not working constantly

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: accel and rit not working constantly

Postby Frieda » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:30 am

Hi Thorrid,

OK, I understand. Thank you.

Frieda
Frieda

Postby joebataz » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:37 pm

OK, I have read both the manual and several of these threads and I still don't get it. My score is at 120 BPM. At a certain point I want a slow down to 60 BPM. I have a metronome mark at the beginning of the score. Quarter note = 120. I go to the place where I want the slowdown and hit the r key. I get the text box and I type in 80. I then get a rit. where I wanted it and another text box pops up. I type in 120 hit enter and the cursor changes into the metronome mark quarter note icon = 120. I click where the tempo should return to normal and I get another text box. This goes on and on. I tried hitting escape and got the spinning beach ball icon and all I can do is force quit. Unfortunately the first time I did this I lost the whole score (YES, I am a person who saves often!) so after throwing my foam squeeze brain at the wall I rewrote the score again (actually I like it better this time). What I found out was that if I follow these steps up until where I hit the escape key and instead do a save and a quit when I open the score back up the rit. was there and I just added the metronome mark (120) and it works as it should. Where am I doing something wrong to create the crashes?

Thanks!!

joeb
joebataz

Postby Johnny » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:37 am

joebataz wrote:I have a metronome mark at the beginning of the score. Quarter note = 120. I go to the place where I want the slowdown and hit the r key. I get the text box and I type in 80. I then get a rit. where I wanted it and another text box pops up. I type in 120 hit enter and the cursor changes into the metronome mark quarter note icon = 120..

Where the "Rit" symbol is placed is the start of the ritardando. The end of the "Rit" is the next metronome mark. In my example the tempo gradually slows down until it gets to q=90.

rit.JPG
rit.JPG (13.98 KiB) Viewed 18149 times

,Johnny

:arrow:
Johnny

Previous

Return to NOTION