Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

midi controllers and Notion

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

midi controllers and Notion

Postby xflatpicker » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:50 pm

Hello!

I use notion all the time for ipad and am thinking about it for my macbook.

I am curious about what kind of midi controllers you use for notion.

I have a friend who uses the Korg nanokey2 with finale and he really likes it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004M8 ... PDKIKX0DER
xflatpicker

Re: midi controllers and Notion

Postby xflatpicker » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:27 am

Sorry about the double post!

Didn't realize that new topics had to be approved.
xflatpicker

Postby Admin » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:01 pm

For the most part, any MIDI controller that you want to use will work with Notion. Use what you like.

I am hoping that others will chime in with what they use. Currently, in the office, I am using the Roland Edirol PCR-500 together with an M-Audio Axiom. Neither of these controllers are what I consider to be high end. They are just controllers with no sound banks of their own.

I use the Axiom as my keyswitch keyboard and the PCR-500 as the playback keyboard.

The Roland is a bit frustrating in that Sustain Pedal polarity is reversed. I imagine that this is the case because Roland wants people to use their proprietary gear. So, what I do to overcome the issue is to run the MIDI out of the Roland to the Axiom as a MIDI thru and plug the pedal into the Axiom. Kinda silly but it works. I would love to get something nicer in the long run, but I am not a keyboard player per se, so it really matters less to me than other things like microphones...

Regards,

Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Masitito » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:17 am

Do also CC work with Notion? I tried to use the "learn" feature for controller actions (play, stop, record), but it seemed to me that the controller is supposed to send MIDI notes. Other programs were able to pick up the MIDI messages of my controller correctly.
Masitito

Postby GaryExo » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:51 am

I use an Alesis Photon X25 purely because I was looking for a controller and found it in used condition very cheap! It's OK. I don't need anything fancy.
GaryExo

Return to NOTION