Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Changes Coming?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Changes Coming?

Postby idiotSavant » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:34 pm

Any one heard about any upcoming updates or revisions to Notion? Things seem very quiet on the developer side since the acquisition by Presonus. Hope that there are some great things being cooked up!
Michael

Notion 4 Mac
VSL Dimension Strings
VSL Special Edition 1,2, Plus
Miroslav Philharmonik
Apple Logic
idiotSavant

Re: Changes Coming?

Postby thorrild » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:10 am

Hi Michael,

I thought you'd been around this forum long enough to learn that Notion doesn't spill the beans before their schedule says it's okay to do so. That said, I seem to remember a couple of tidbits from the Admin, just off the top of my head:

• More expansion sounds (check the score setup window to find the instruments that are selectable, but not yet for sale).
• A focus on better-looking notation, layout, and parts extraction.
• Specific word that tuplet placement has already been improved and will be in the next update. (Indication also that the Presonus acquisition hasn't stopped development!)

I can't remember exactly (because I don't really use custom rules much), but it seems to me that there was some talk about instrument rules getting easier to use... But maybe that has already been implemented. Someone else may be able to recall this more clearly.

In the meantime, as they say, patience is a virtue. But I agree, it's not much fun to be so d*** virtuous all the time.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby SouLcRusaDer_kA » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:28 am

i would say...
Presonus acquisition slows the development in short term
anyway, i hope the team can fix the pedal recording soon :?
this one is no doubt the most important
SouLcRusaDer_kA

Postby elerouxx » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:01 am

I'm a little worried because I really need the better tuplets, as well as (can't stop saying) Cross-staff notation - However, the 4.0.329 build has already a couple broken things (it doesn't work very well with a windows tablet input, and the fretboard doesn't respond for editing as before). So, I ended up using build 325 instead.

If some features will be added, these old problems should also be fixed back, otherwise we'll have to choose what build to use: i.e. one with a nice looking tuplets and better notation, or the other one with a fully working fretboard and correct tablet input.
elerouxx

Return to NOTION