Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

All I want to do is adjust the tempo

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

All I want to do is adjust the tempo

Postby Egmond » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:17 pm

I'm an experienced copyist and arranger and I've used other notation packages but am new to Notion 4 which I've bought mainly for sketching out ideas. I've started writing out a piece to test it out and to be honest I'm finding it painfully slow going to get to grips with, it's very unintuitive. But as the early period of using these things is the hardest I'll persevere for a while and see if any advantages reveal themselves.

Anyway, myy question.

The test piece is showing a tempo of 90, I didn't set that tempo and it is presumably a default with the score template I chose. All I want to do is adjust the tempo. The tempo numbers in NTempo view seem unadjustable. The in-play method in the user guide (tapping keys or moving the arrows) work in play but then reverts to 90 at bar 1, which is annoying. I just want to quickly change the tempo for the whole piece and leave it at that. I've been right through the user guide and did a search in there on the word 'tempo' - nothing.

Can anybody help? Thanks in advance.
Egmond

Re: All I want to do is adjust the tempo

Postby tubatimberinger » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:13 pm

If you double click on the tempo marking it self (in the score; either page or scroll view) you can type in what ever tempo and pulse you like. Is that what you're looking for?

-t
tubatimberinger

Postby Egmond » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:55 pm

tubatimberinger wrote:If you double click on the tempo marking it self (in the score; either page or scroll view) you can type in what ever tempo and pulse you like. Is that what you're looking for?

-t

Thanks for this. There is no reference to this in the user guide and the tempo marking looks like precisely that, a marking, i.e. the result of a control not a control itself. Actually before seeing your reply I did manage to establish that if I drag the [qtr note = ?] symbol in the pallette up to the tempo marking it allows me to adjust it. Neither step seems obvious and it would have taken half a sentence in the user guide. There were one or two other very basic functions it took a while to work out and weren't in the guide or on vids.

I'm sure Notion 4 is a good package from what I've seen on Utube vids etc and I expect as I use it the more advanced functions will prove worth the effort but it's irritating not to have the obvious stuff in the user guide so I can dive straight into it as with other packages.

Thanks again for your reply.
Egmond

Postby thorrild » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:37 am

Egmond wrote:There is no reference to this in the user guide [...]

User guide, page 7.10.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Return to NOTION