Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Adding Ritard Messed Up Playback

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Adding Ritard Messed Up Playback

Postby briansp » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:38 pm

I'm brand new to Notion, and have started working with it by engraving a relatively straightforward choral piece I've written (SATB plus piano).

I attempted to add a ritard. Now when I play back the piece, at the point where the ritard is, playback increases to very very fast. I've since deleted the ritard, but the playback is still messed up. I've tried displaying the NTempo staff, but there's nothing there.

Basically its like I have some sort of hidden instruction that's telling Notion to play incredibly fast at this point. I've tried adding a new tempo marking (q=70) at this spot to no avail.

Can someone tell me what I've done wrong and how to fix it?

Gracias!
briansp

Re: Adding Ritard Messed Up Playback

Postby idiotSavant » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:02 pm

I've had this problem but opposite. I've added a ritard, removed it and then playback continues to be extremely slow. I finally had to abandon that file; it seems to have been corrupted.
Michael

Notion 4 Mac
VSL Dimension Strings
VSL Special Edition 1,2, Plus
Miroslav Philharmonik
Apple Logic
idiotSavant

Postby Surfwhammy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:59 am

I did a few experiments with the 64-bit version of NOTION 4 on the 2.8-GHz 8-core Mac Pro (Early 2008) with 20GB of memory running Mac OS X 10.9.1 (Mavericks) here in the sound isolation studio, and it appears that editing NTempo marks has no actual affect . . .

So, the obvious workaround is to record a new NTempo track rather than editing the existing NTempo track, which can include deleting the current NTempo staff; creating a new NTempo staff; and then recording a new NTempo track . . .

Once I determined a nice set of rules for doing NTempo, everything is working nicely; and I like being able to do a bit of tempo conducting, which is intriguing because it has the ability to change the mood of a song or at least to shift the focus among instruments, which is useful since I do nearly everything "by ear", although enhanced a bit with science, which is fabulous . . .

N4 Ritard Experiment #2 ~ YouTube music video

Fabulous! :)
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Postby Admin » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:04 pm

Dear briansp,

I have never seen this before. Could you send me the file? I might be able to fix it for you if there is no other way around fixing the problem.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Return to NOTION