Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Distortion pulse

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Distortion pulse

Postby db100 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:25 pm

I'm back again with another issue. I am now getting a distortion pulse, about 2x's a second, with everything I try and create. Even when i use a single instrument from Notion3 instruments on a new score, this pulse begins. I can hear the instrument I've asked for, but the pulse is also there. This is not a white noise hiss that comes from not registering, this is a distortion pulse. Anyone had this happen? I'm not having any issues when I run Cubase4.
db100
db100

Re: Distortion pulse

Postby Unfinished » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:31 pm

Does your computer have the recommended processing power? I think mine is a bit under what Notion ought to have and the sound goes a bit odd depending on how focused my computer is when a large score is playing.
Unfinished

Postby astinov » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:17 pm

Hi db100,

I have not heard of such "distortion" pulse with any other user. Are you using any VST's in your score, is this occurring when playback is stopped? Do you have something else running in the background?

Tell me more, I'd like to try and help you but I've never heard of such issue before. What audio interface are you using? Can you record the distortion and maybe send it to me in an mp3 file?

Thanks

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby db100 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:18 pm

Hi Lubo,

It now appears that my audio interface (Focusrite Saphire) is the culprit. I was only hearing it (the distortion) on my latest recordings, everything previous to my post seemed to be fine. I spoke with tech support and they suggested that I update the firmware for the Focusrite. I did that and now I have no sound at all. I can plug my keyboard directly into my mixer and I have sound, but if I go through the Focusrite, I have nothing. This unit may be causing some of my other problems as well and I'll have to fix this before I get into my other issues. thanks again for your help.
db100
db100

Return to NOTION