Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Midi with my Yamaha Motif XS8 - Mac Mavericks

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Midi with my Yamaha Motif XS8 - Mac Mavericks

Postby Surfwhammy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:51 pm

Did you download and install the updated Yamaha Motif ES8 driver for Mac OS 10.9 (Mavericks)?

[NOTE: You can filter the selections by operating system version, which makes it easier to find the correct driver . . . ]

Yamaha Motif XS8 Dowloads (Yamaha Support)

There is a preset for the Yamaha Motif ES8 in Audio MIDI Setup, so you might want to add it as a new device and then to connect it to the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 . . .

[NOTE: I created custom TIFF icons to make this look nice, and I added them to the "Generic" folder that Audio MIDI Setup uses, but the standard icons work just as well. When I design software, I do GUI mock-ups and have a nice set of graphic tools for doing this, which makes it easy to do . . . ]

If you do this additional MIDI device connection, then you can test it with Audio MIDI Setup, and there will be tiny circles with an "i" that will tell you the connections when the mouse pointer hovers above the "i" . . .

Lots of FUN! :)
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Postby rn2114 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:51 am

I have the most recent driver for the Motif XS8 as listed on the download site. My motif is an Xs8 not an Es8. Should I try downloading the ES8 driver also? The Scarlett does currently send the midi signal to the motif when I test it in Audio Midi setup.

When I hit to add a new device in audio midi setup there are no choices for what the setup should be. It just adds a new keyboard icon labeled "new external device". When I go to open it up it has the drop downs for the Manufacturer and Model, but there is nothing listed in the drop downs when you select them except for apple Inc. and a blank space.
rn2114

Postby Admin » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:38 am

In the Notion Preferences, what device do you have selected as your MIDI output device on Port A?

I am not having this trouble. Please go into the Notion Preferences and check to see which devices you have set to the MIDI Output for Notion. Notion>Preferences>MIDI

I do not think this is a problem in the system software, so you can stay out of the Audio MIDI setup. Reset your MIDI input devices by switching MIDI inputs from "All" to "None" and back again. Let me know which devices you have set for the MIDI outputs in Notion.

Let me know if this resolves your issues.

Also, if you continue to have trouble, you can always contact Notion technical support at:
support@notionmusic.com
or by calling:
1-866-398-2994

We look forward to helping you out with this issue.

Regards,

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Surfwhammy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:29 pm

rn2114 wrote:I have the most recent driver for the Motif XS8 as listed on the download site. My motif is an Xs8 not an Es8. Should I try downloading the ES8 driver also? The Scarlett does currently send the midi signal to the motif when I test it in Audio Midi setup.

Sorry about the confusion over "ES8" . . .

Since your model is XS8, you should be fine with the updated driver for the XS8 for Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) . . .

rn2114 wrote:When I hit to add a new device in audio midi setup there are no choices for what the setup should be. It just adds a new keyboard icon labeled "new external device". When I go to open it up it has the drop downs for the Manufacturer and Model, but there is nothing listed in the drop downs when you select them except for apple Inc. and a blank space.

What is the version number of your Audio MIDI Setup?

[NOTE: The version here in the sound isolation studio is 3.0.6, and there is a virtual festival of manufacturers and models listed, but at present there is no XS8 model for the Yamaha Motif . . . ]

Lots of FUN!
:)
The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
Surfwhammy

Previous

Return to NOTION