Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

move notes to bass clef

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

move notes to bass clef

Postby ulrik » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:07 am

Hi!
This is my first post here, I'm using the latest build demo on mac.
I have imported a midi file and are tweaking the score, all midi data for the piano has ended up in the treble clef and I want to select the bass clef notes and move them down to the bass clef, I can't figure out how to do it. I have searched the manual but I can't find it, or maybe I have missed it.
regards / Ulrik
ulrik

Re: move notes to bass clef

Postby Unfinished » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:57 am

Select the bass clef from the toolbar and place it where you want the notes to be shown in the bass clef. You will need to place a treble clef at the end of the passage you want in the bass clef to revert back to treble clef.
Unfinished

Postby ulrik » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:18 am

Unfinished wrote:Select the bass clef from the toolbar and place it where you want the notes to be shown in the bass clef. You will need to place a treble clef at the end of the passage you want in the bass clef to revert back to treble clef.

I don't understand, do you want me to place a bass clef on the pianostaffs upper system where all notes are?
This is how it looks like:
I want to select the notes that should belong to the bass clef and move them there
ulrik

Postby Cerb » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:43 pm

Hi Ulrik,

Try selecting both staves (treble & bass) before converting to Notation.

cerb
Cerb

Postby ulrik » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:34 pm

Cerb wrote:Hi Ulrik,

Try selecting both staves (treble & bass) before converting to Notation.

cerb

Hi Cerb, thank you that did the trick, at least I got all notes under middle C to the bass clef. :)
There are still some notes left that should belong to the left hand, how do I move them there in a smooth way? Do I have to type them in or....?

regards / Ulrik
ulrik

Postby Cerb » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:38 am

Hi Ulrik,

I posted a feature request some time ago asking for a way to choose the split point between treble and bass staves.
No news yet.

For now I don't know of a smooth way to move the notes below middle C to the bass staff, except typing them in.
Cerb

Postby ulrik » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:42 am

Thanks Cerb!

Ok then I know, I will type them in for this piece

cheers / Ulrik
ulrik

Return to NOTION