Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Lyric syllable extension problem

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Lyric syllable extension problem

Postby adfernandes » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:50 pm

Hello - Using Notion 4.0.329, I'm having trouble typesetting lyrics that extend next to rests. Basically, I want a syllable that covers more than one note but that ends on a rest.

lyric problem.png
lyric problem.png (23.14 KiB) Viewed 4142 times

The "Halleluja" example on the left is typeset directly from the user manual. Three underscores, no problem.

The "Ohm" example in the middle is showing the error. Again, I have double- and triple-checked, and that "ohm" has three underscores as per the manual... but the typeset long-underscore insists on going under the rest.

If I replace the three underscores with two, the long-underscore ends early as shown on the far right, but the one note has nothing typeset under it. You might think that this solves the problem, but it really just makes for ugly typesetting. This can be seen in the actual line I'm setting here:

desired.png
desired.png (21.5 KiB) Viewed 4142 times

The word "sea_" looks tolerable, but the "stare_" is not!

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug? Thank you!
adfernandes

Re: Lyric syllable extension problem

Postby John O'Neill » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:30 am

Yes, its an issue - I logged it with notion.....theres no work around that I am aware of at present other than edit the pdf file vreated which is not really a sustainable solution...i'm sure it will be addressed as it is a major problem in producing choral scores...
John O'Neill

Postby Admin » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:14 pm

I have just checked into this and I will log the ticket.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby adfernandes » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:29 pm

Thank you - much appreciated!
adfernandes

Return to NOTION