Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Step Entry error

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Step Entry error

Postby ghess1000 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:56 am

This seems really strange. I imported an XML file of the Trout Quintet that I created in Finale. The violin 1 part was intentionally left blank. When I try to enter the part using step entry, it will only enter half notes (it's in 2/4), even though the palette shows the correct note values are selected. Just for kicks, I tried to enter the same line in the piano part and the same thing happens.
Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance
George Hess
Yong Siew Toh Conservatory
National University of Singapore
MBP, 2.3 GHZ Quad i7, OSX 10.9.3, 16 GB RAM
ghess1000

Re: Step Entry error

Postby Admin » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:49 pm

Step-Entry will automatically assume the rhythmic values that are inserted into the measures. I know that you have stated that there is nothing in those measures intentionally. So, my best guess is that there is either some residual data in the staves that have been created. You could try selecting the entire staff and deleting everything that is "not there".

Then, try to run step entry again.

If that doesn't work, you could remove those staves from the score completely in the score setup and then add them back as blank instruments. If you set the correct rhythmic values from that point, Step-Entry should work correctly.

Regards,

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Return to NOTION