Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Odd white noise hiss

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Odd white noise hiss

Postby db100 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:11 pm

I'm brand new here and have just started using this program. Here's my question:
I have a 2 second white noise hiss that comes in about every 20 to 30 seconds every time I open or create a new file. Even the demos have the hiss in them. I've unplugged all my outboard gear and I still hear (quite loud) the hiss. I currently use Cubase4 and have never had this issue come up with that program. Any thoughts?

db100
db100
db100

Re: Odd white noise hiss

Postby jonahcat » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:15 am

Are you running the demo version? I had this happen as well - after 10 days the demo version inserts white noise deliberately.

Hope this helps!

J
jonahcat

Postby Novatlan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:00 am

This also happens when you have the full version, but have not authorised the included IK Multimedia plugins.
This "issue" which is actually a feature is described at lenght in the manual. If you have bought Notion, you should have the manual and read it :)
Just go to the mixer, open the IK plugins and register them. The license codes are included with the application.
Do not care for critics. Noone ever raised a statue to a critic (Jean Sibelius)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
www.demo.novatlan-sound.de
Novatlan

Postby Unfinished » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:43 pm

This is a quote from the inside front cover of the quick reference guide:

"We strongly recommend your authorize the NOTION Music and IK Multimedia products as soon after installation as possible. If not, then after ten days IK Multimedia products will generate LOUD WHITE NOISE AT INTERVALS. After fifteen days NOTION3 will not operate."

(The caps and colour are quoted too – I did not add them myself for effect :) ).

I think the 'will not operate' bit is fine if you authorize the main product.
Unfinished

Postby db100 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:07 pm

Thanks everyone for the info. You are all correct. I thought I had registered everything, but I think I was interrupted and didn't register CSR Hall or Amplitude. And as you suggested, once I registered those two items, the hiss went away. Sorry for the ignorant request for help, and thanks again for the life preserver.
db100
db100

Postby Novatlan » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:49 am

Always glad to be of service :)
Do not care for critics. Noone ever raised a statue to a critic (Jean Sibelius)
Riding is like nuts and bolts: If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts (Nicholas Evans)
www.demo.novatlan-sound.de
Novatlan

Postby mkral » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:06 pm

So I had to clean install N3 again, and this time I didn't authorize everything in the 10 day period. I am getting the white noise buzz problem. I have since authorized it (successfully, I thought) but it still hisses at me. Is there anything I can do, short of another install?
mkral

Postby Unfinished » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:54 pm

You would have thought that after getting it wrong once that you would get it right the second time. Authorise the IK products now if possible.
Unfinished

Postby mkral » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:14 pm

I authorized them immediately with my first install and never dealt with this problem, and as the above post states, I have since authorized them again. The white noise persists, hence the post.
mkral

Postby db100 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:07 pm

I wonder if it's your audio device. You might try unplugging it and plugging it back in: sometimes things just need to be reset. Having said that, have you tried turning everything off including your computer and then turning things back on?
db100
db100

Next

Return to NOTION