Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Odd white noise hiss

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Re: Odd white noise hiss

Postby Unfinished » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:10 pm

Are you sure you went on the mixer and brought up CSR hall and Amplitube X-Gear and authorised them? Then after quitting/restarting you still got white noise?
Unfinished

Postby mkral » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:09 am

Alrighty, I got this figured out. What you have to do is uninstall everything, and reinstall under Admin. To do this, you open the install files by right clicking, dropdown menu to Run as Administrator, if anyone else has the problem. I tried multiple installations without doing this, and the problem never went away.
mkral

Postby Brian » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:21 am

This is Brian from NOTION Music Technical Support. You are hearing the white noise because the CSR Hall Reverb VST is not authorized. If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7 as your operating system, I. K. Multimedia requires that you run the host, in this case, NOTION 3, as an administrator. To do this, create a shortcut to NOTION 3 on your desktop, right-click the shortcut and go to "Compatibility Mode," and check off the box to run the program as an administrator. Once you have done this, or if you are running a different operating system, please open a score in NOTION 3, go to the Mixer, and right-click or control click on the "Reverb" button that is lit up under the master track. If the Reverb button is not there, please click on the Insert button. This will allow you to open the CSR Hall Reverb and authorize it. Once you have authorized the VST, please close NOTION 3 and open it again. Your white noise should now be gone. If you have installed the Amplitube X-Gear VST off of the second disk, you will have to authorize it as well.
Brian
NOTION Music Tech Support
866-398-2994
Brian

Previous

Return to NOTION