Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

How to remove arpeggio-symbol from a note?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

How to remove arpeggio-symbol from a note?

Postby posssu » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:11 pm

I added an arpeggio-symbol pointing upwards into a group of notes, but can't find a way to remove this symbol to make the group normal again.

How do you do this?
Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz
posssu

Re: How to remove arpeggio-symbol from a note?

Postby Unfinished » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:10 pm

Have you tried 'Remove Special'?
Unfinished

Postby posssu » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:42 pm

No... thanks, I will when I get my copy of Notion. My demo just ran out. :)
My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz
posssu

Postby posssu » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:12 am

Wouldn't it also be simple to just be able to click the arpeggio-symbol and be able to hit delete/backspace? Currently the whole chord get selected.
Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz
posssu

Postby scarter » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:33 am

posssu wrote:Wouldn't it also be simple to just be able to click the arpeggio-symbol and be able to hit delete/backspace? Currently the whole chord get selected.

It is possible to click on the arpeggio-symbol to select just that without selecting the chord, but it's very tricky -- there seems to be one spot that works for this, but it's hard to know exactly where that spot is.

In Notion 2 I had entered a lot of arpeggios for guitar chord strums; because I could control the swiftness of the arpeggio, I got an acceptable strumming sound. In Notion 3 we can not control the speed of the "strum" and the resulting sound is not suitable for the rhythm guitar parts where I had used it. So when I move those scores to Notion 3 I have to go in and take out all the arpeggios. I had been doing it by clicking on the arpeggio-symbol, but it was hit-or-miss. I think for the rest I'll use the Clear Special.
scarter

Return to NOTION