Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion 4 & Play works, works not (after saving) why?

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Notion 4 & Play works, works not (after saving) why?

Postby Bobb77 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:17 pm

Hi there,

using Notion 4 and Play 4, both latest version. Using a quite big orcehstra setup up to 30 tracks), using severals sounds of integrated EWQL Orchestra, PLAY, Mirsolav Philharmonic, Notion instruments. Works quite fine, but again and again, since weeks, after saving the *.notion files after changes (for many many 100 times), when reopening it, there are no EWQL Orchestra or PLAY sounds.

Mixer - VST Instruments - VTS Manager says that play_VST_x64 is enabled.
But no sound.
I can open older versions of my project in a second surface, there it works.

I have to copy all the notes into the clipboard and copy it to the working notion project. but after saving it and reopening it, the sounds are missing so it is an endless story.

Any clue why?
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjo7N4mRrEc

Notion 4, EWQL CCC, Miroslav Philharmonik
Bobb77

Re: Notion 4 & Play works, works not (after saving) why?

Postby Admin » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:00 pm

The Channel is being saved as the wrong channel. It resets the Play input channel to 2. You can also listen back when Play is in Omni because channel 2 falls into that category. We have a ticket for this issue. I found it a few weeks ago and I am waiting for a fix.

This issue has just recently started happening and I think that it has something to do with the latest update to Play 4.

I am sorry that this is happening.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Return to NOTION