Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Entering staccato to selected notes

A Forum to Discuss NOTION

Entering staccato to selected notes

Postby posssu » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:00 pm

I notice that when I select many notes and hit 1, they become staccato. But when I hit 1 again, in order to access the other symbols behind 1, this doesn't work. Same with the accent button 5 - if you hit it many times, nothing happens. It should turn all the notes to staccato+accent and the other symbols that hide behind 5.
Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz
posssu

Re: Entering staccato to selected notes

Postby Unfinished » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:55 am

+1.
Does anyone find it really quite tricky to select and delete things like staccato and accents without deleting the note or having to use the 'clear special' feature?
Unfinished

Postby astinov » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:28 am

Hi guys,

Here's some help:

1. Press 1 gets you staccato
2. Press Shift + 1 gets you staccatissimo
3. If you want a combination - such as Accent staccato, you press the accent first then the staccatto (or vice versa)
4. Select a passage and double tap the '=' key clears all articulations

Hope this helps,

Lubo Astinov
astinov

Postby DrH » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:36 pm

Unfinished,

Yes! Unless the View is really high, it is indeed difficult to select various attachments. Sometimes down-right impossible depending on what the attachment is.

DrH
DrH

Postby posssu » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:48 pm

astinov wrote: 4. Select a passage and double tap the '=' key clears all articulations

YES!!! It does! Thanks! =) Cool!
Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz
posssu

Return to NOTION